Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » I've had a couple experiences I thought were miracles. But I never got a specific one I asked for/prayed for. Have you?

I've had a couple experiences I thought were miracles. But I never got a specific one I asked for/prayed for. Have you?

Posted - December 22, 2016

Responses

It works like this for me.  I know how to pray.  I don't ask for anything.  I surrender and say this:   I wish for this to happen, but not my will but Thine be done.  And what manifests is what I need not what I want.  It is all about what is the highest good your soul can achieve, not what kind of boon you wish God to grant.  God knows what is best.  I've learned that one the hard way.  Because?  I used to pray like that. I used to beg God to give me what I wanted and God oftentimes did just that.   Too late, I realized I should NEVER have asked for it.  So, I've learned.  Surrender and God will give you way more than you asked for as a rule. 

Sometimes it looks like a bad thing, but that is because you can only see the start of the  answer.  You need patience and foresight and miracles will erupt on a daily basis.    TRUST ME. 
      December 22, 2016 4:10 AM MST

My prayers for miracles have NEVER been for me Sharonna. Always for others. Right now I am praying for a miracle for a family member. Thank you for your thoughtful answer.
      December 22, 2016 9:44 AM MST

One does not have to pray to a supernatural power for a Devine intervention to happen because it rarely it ever does happen. 

One time for example when I was a young guy I developed abscesses in my mouth,  mother sent me to the dentist.  After the visit when I was leaving I suddenly felt I knew the abscesses would be gone before I would make the follow up visit next day. Next morning -gone without a trace. Showed mother, she insisted I make the appointment anyway.  Dentist examined my mouth three times before he could believe.  He seemed angry at me as though I was playing some kind of trick.

I think it was 'mind power ' action being suitably inspired.  What else ?
      December 22, 2016 9:40 AM MST

I do believe very strongly in the power of the mind. But to manifest itself so quickly? Wow!  What was it that caused you to believe "the abscesses would  be gone" before the next visit? Was it like a voice inside or just a general sense of well- being? Thank you for sharing that personal experience Kg and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      December 22, 2016 9:53 AM MST

It was just a feeling  like 'out of the blue'. for no particular reason. 
    I have experienced similar sort of things like a healing effect when I was emotionally stressed sometimes.  This post was edited by Kittigate at December 22, 2016 11:58 AM MST
      December 22, 2016 9:57 AM MST

That must be awesome. Maybe you have a sixth sense or something Kg. You "know" without really thinking about it. That sounds like a very good bit of fortune because it help de-stress you for sure. Thank you for clarifying what you meant. It helps! :)
      December 22, 2016 11:59 AM MST

Nope
      December 22, 2016 11:34 AM MST

Thanks and Happy Thursday MaCC.
      December 22, 2016 12:00 PM MST

Yes. Just recently I prayed for healing for family. It appeared that she may have developed Bipolar disorder....there are other members of the family who have this. Was actually diagnosed with it. 
    We prayed and stood in faith. The family member is now free of this diagnosis and takes no meds and is back to their old self.... This was a process over a few months. 

Here is a link to a download of a free book on Healing.

http://flcsarasota.org/php/mlmMediaChannelContentList.php?site=flcs&pageKey=nav4f&channelID=5
      December 22, 2016 11:54 AM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c and the link. We learned yesterday of a family member who has suffered a devastating serious setback so we are all praying....even those among us who are not religious.
      December 22, 2016 12:02 PM MST

I hope it gets better. Will say a prayer for you and your family. Glad to see you back some of us were starting to worry. 
      December 22, 2016 3:12 PM MST

Thank you m2c. I have messaged you my friend. I had not read this posting at the time I messaged you. I appreciate your concern and can use the prayers. In fact that is what the message is all about. Happy Friday! :) ((hugs))
      December 23, 2016 4:05 AM MST

In my experience, God does answer my prayers---with "yes," "no," "maybe," and "you've got to be kidding."

--He's got a sense of humor.
      December 22, 2016 2:54 PM MST

Sometimes it's really hard to keep one's sense of humor tom. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      December 23, 2016 4:06 AM MST

God has answered my prayers and petitions many times. (Philippians 4:6,7)other times when he doesn't answer my specific prayers i know his answer is "no". 
      December 23, 2016 11:33 PM MST