Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Will robots ever participate in The Olympics? What about Spelling Bees? Cooking contests? What's the line they cannot cross?Why?

Will robots ever participate in The Olympics? What about Spelling Bees? Cooking contests? What's the line they cannot cross?Why?

Posted - January 1, 2017

Responses

Hello Rosie:

Of course..  Our transition to robot enhanced human beings has been underway for a long time..  At what point does a human BECOME a robot IF most of his body is robotically enhanced??  That time is rapidly approaching.

excon
      January 1, 2017 9:37 AM MST

I have a bionic  right ear excon. Decades ago at the House Institute in L.A. my otoslerotic stapes was removed from my right ear and a wire replaced it. Not a robot but a metallic thingy. Oh brave new world. Do you look forward to it or dread it? Thank you for your reply and Happy New Year's Day Sunday 2017 to you and yours my friend! :)
      January 1, 2017 10:17 AM MST

They're still not capable of creative thought or emotions. AI is still a long way off and possibly always will be, as Henlein pointed out in "Friday".
    Get a computer up to a human-brain or near human number of interconnections and it becomes self aware. Then it discovers it isn't human and can never be human, all it can do is sit there and take orders from humans - so it goes crazy and suicides.
      January 1, 2017 11:26 AM MST

i would hope not
      January 1, 2017 2:46 PM MST