Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Only 4,out of the first 30, were questions not pertaining to politics. Should the site's name be changed? What to?

Only 4,out of the first 30, were questions not pertaining to politics. Should the site's name be changed? What to?

1000 points for best answer.

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

In previous posts, I have already noted the dominance of the political category and made the constructive suggestion that it be trust-busted.
      January 2, 2017 12:24 PM MST

• I understand, M. And agree. I used to be like, you know whatever, let them do as they please, but it has become an insufferable nuisance. The management here is so near sighted that takes this as complaints. With JA, posting pictures of what really happens to the users concerns when they express them. People could just leave and say nothing, and they do. Thanks M
      January 2, 2017 12:33 PM MST

• Well, in defense (and playing devils advocate a bit), the overarching philosophy here is that this is a community, and the community decides the tone and depth of the content without one person dictating said direction. That's okay as long as there is an undercurrent of leadership that will make decisions. The TOS is indicative of that (I guess).
      January 2, 2017 12:47 PM MST

• Aw come on Tammy, and you were doing so well.
      January 2, 2017 1:03 PM MST

• I know. I know.
      January 2, 2017 1:17 PM MST

• This response actually made me laugh. Here's the 1000. 
      January 2, 2017 1:20 PM MST

• Yay! You're too kind, but thank you.
      January 2, 2017 1:28 PM MST

Cheers; this year it will be politics, but not as we know it...
      January 2, 2017 12:34 PM MST

• Oooh thank you for reminding me.. i was just about to go post a political question.. nearly forgot! I am so glad you reminded me :P  

In truth... you'd be welcome to call me OCD.. lol i can handle it :P But see that's a little harsh and premature don't you think? I mean we are all smart enough to realise we only see ONE side of people on here... like our Lago friend, he rescues dogs, another rescues kitties, (i've done the same and could bore for England on that subject ) but at the same time - personally, I come here to think.. to debate and since Trumpet is a topical issue right now, and a LOT of sane, reasonable, intelligent people are seriously worried about his behaviour.. then I guess we have to respect people's right and natural inclination to discuss politics.. 

Now where was that question I wanted to post.. :P
      January 2, 2017 2:16 PM MST

• I understand Day, in the big scheme of things this is really very unimportant. Im basically complaining, like everybody else. Thank you for responding. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 2, 2017 2:58 PM MST
      January 2, 2017 2:52 PM MST

Good lord. You're bitchin about something you consider unimpirtant because others are bitchin too. 

A blind follower. That'll give you the credibility you deserve. 
      January 3, 2017 6:14 AM MST

• Come on man, go bother somebody else.
      January 3, 2017 11:35 PM MST

Ya know if you spent as much time posting the type of content you say you'd prefer to see on the site, as you do moaning about the content you dislike, you'd at least be making a positive effort to move in that direction. 

But rather than do something to change what you claim to dislike, you spend all this time, which is certainly yours to waste, pms'ing at your own pity party. 

And don't you worry your pretty little head, I'm a multi-tasker. I'm fully capable of bothering multiple people at the same time. 
      January 4, 2017 12:37 AM MST

• Seriously? Go away dude.
      January 4, 2017 12:43 AM MST

Well, you can always hope. Your chances are probably just as good as my hoping for a miracle hymen repair.  I'd say your odds are about slim to virgin though.  This post was edited by ProblemCh1ld at January 4, 2017 2:36 AM MST
      January 4, 2017 2:34 AM MST

• You know dude, if you want to be my friend, all you have to do is request it. You don't have to keep doing this.
      January 4, 2017 10:06 AM MST

This has nothing to do with friendship. 
      January 5, 2017 1:20 AM MST

• Shh
      January 5, 2017 5:36 AM MST

• Thank you for the laugh.
      January 4, 2017 12:47 AM MST

You're welcome. I'm glad to have helped.  :)
      January 4, 2017 2:35 AM MST

• I think you misconstrued my comment as something flattering.
      January 4, 2017 2:37 AM MST

Oh, don't be so hasty to think I misconstrued anything. That would be a miscalculation on your part. 
      January 4, 2017 2:47 AM MST

• Do you know what misconstrued means, guy?
      January 4, 2017 11:05 AM MST

I'd temporarily and more appropriately call it the BBS:

B1tchy
    Bunch
    Society

This post was edited by ProblemCh1ld at January 3, 2017 6:04 AM MST
      January 3, 2017 6:02 AM MST