Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How do we know pleasure is good, and pain is bad?

How do we know pleasure is good, and pain is bad?

People get turned on when they're pain, but when do pleasure and pain separate?

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

•   January 2, 2017 2:27 PM MST

• The more you know lol.
      January 2, 2017 2:29 PM MST

•   January 2, 2017 4:14 PM MST

• Hmm this isn't an easy question to answer.. the serious answer, (I say that cos most of my time I joke about everything) is that there is no black and white on this.. people are all different...and we know that not everyone likes pain... me, I hate it.. seriously.. I can take an enormous amount of pain but it completely turns me off.. I CAN administer pain and would and have to those who enjoy it.. but not everyone does... 

Even within that there are degrees.. .of pain and tolerance.. I like SOME pain... but there's a fairly low line beyond which I don't enjoy it... some have higher levels of pain/enjoyment... 

As to whether or even if they are separate.. to me they are.. definitely.. and I know this as a solid fact...  I can do it but don't enjoy..   A friend however, told me that pain and pleasure sensors are very close within the brain.. perhaps even the same area... for her she loves pain... for me I don't....  

So the non-conclusive answer is... everyone varies.. 
      January 2, 2017 4:02 PM MST

• Thank you for response. This question was suppose to have a variety of answers.
      January 2, 2017 4:06 PM MST

• Yayyyyy that mean's I got a question right :) 
      January 2, 2017 4:08 PM MST

cause we feel it
      January 2, 2017 9:42 PM MST