Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What would you do if someone followed you?

What would you do if someone followed you?

Someone tried to follow me tonight after coming up riding my tail a while, and when I went to turn, they did too in the same lot, but then I chose another and they carried on- what might someone do if they Did follow you, into a lot or tried to cause a raucous?

Posted - January 2, 2017

Responses

• Go to Fire department or police station and pull in.   Even a hospital or other public place with high security is a good option.   Don't ever let them follow you anywhere near your home or work though.
      January 2, 2017 6:17 PM MST

If they cause a ruckus somebody else is likely to call the cops on em. Problem solved.
    if they want to rob you (or rape you) you could be in trouble. Raise a ruckus yourself (or give an "Im home dear"-honk as you pull into your driveway)
      January 2, 2017 6:25 PM MST

Pull into your OWN driveway and show them where you live????  Oh hell no 
      January 2, 2017 9:00 PM MST

Well you could pull into someone elses driweway and do it, that is just as effective a message to send them ;-)) Just try to make it a place owned by people not worried about their ability to defend themselves at need. Yet not trigger happy enough to shoot you before you can explain WHY you honked in their driveway.
      January 2, 2017 10:24 PM MST

You can't be serious. You think putting some other family at risk is the answer?  I hope you're never driving in MY neighborhood. 

I'm not sure what message you think driving into another family's driveway is going to send the person following you. By stopping your vehicle, you're enabeling this person to walk up to your vehicle and shoot you, not to mention jeopardizing the lives of everyone in that house or anyone coming home and pulling in right behind and blocking you in.  You have no idea if they are armed or crazy or both. 

Just recently there was a grandmother that had her grandson strapped in the back seat of her vehicle. The person behind her didn't think she was moving fast enough, so he honked and she honked back. That's all she did. She heard a gunshot but she thought he had fired in the air so she proceeded driving a few more minutes and when she finally stopped she discovered the gunman had shot and killed her 3 year old grandson. 

Some people are nuts and it's not worth risking lives to "send a message". 

Someone suggested a fire department or police station which is far better cry than having this person standing by your car window. 

January 3, 2017 12:05 AM MST

OK.
      January 3, 2017 12:40 AM MST

That is one of the saddest things I have Ever heard :( To bully someone for starters, to do what 'you' want, to go a speed only you think is fine  (the guy behind her) and to then take out any sort of weapon ??? :(  I literally am about to tear up for that lil toddler  (May he rest in absolute peace )... I think from now on I'm pulling over, but I'm also tired of people trying to bully others (ALREADY going 35 or 40 mph... ) .... ty so much for your thoughts/ tips P
      January 3, 2017 7:35 PM MST

• That's scary BB. I haven't had anyone follow me since high school around 16 or 17. In that case, I pulled into the restaurant I worked at, which was pretty busy. I was scared to death.
      January 2, 2017 7:22 PM MST

•   January 2, 2017 7:26 PM MST

• Ricky Nelson stalker song?
      January 3, 2017 4:47 AM MST

I was followed while walking at a park near work once, I stopped and asked for someone else to walk with me until I got to my car. I had an ex follow me for 3 years and he got a tour of the city.
      January 2, 2017 9:07 PM MST

get on the phone and call the police
      January 2, 2017 9:30 PM MST

Scream rape at the top of my lungs 
      January 3, 2017 12:07 AM MST

• It's a frightening and uncertain thing and it's happened to me a few times - on one occasion the guy had a gun, this was in the East End of London. And I think I might get a telling off for this but my reasoning is to turn round and acknowledge what it is that the person is doing, not to show you're scared even if your terrified.
    Not necessarily confrontationally but to show that I'm not a coward and I won't be intimidated. (Luckily) this has worked, but maybe I am just lucky.
    I wouldn't do anything differently.
      January 3, 2017 1:11 AM MST