Active Now

Spunky
CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Do you feel the need to know every detail of a celebrity's life? Why do people get so caught up in this?

Do you feel the need to know every detail of a celebrity's life? Why do people get so caught up in this?

Posted - January 8, 2017

Responses

• LOL!! A kindred spirit!! :) 
      January 9, 2017 3:18 AM MST

The evidence of history, sociology, etc. indicates one thing which makes human beings a unique species is our love of telling stories.

One wag joked the first question ever asked by one language-using human to another was, "And then what happened?"

The trials and tribulations of the rich/famous/prominent make for better stories than the our own mundane lives, so (many) of us follow those stories. It's the same reason many of us read fiction books, or get invovled in cheering for sports teams, or go watch movies, or etc.

January 8, 2017 12:53 PM MST

• I fall into the book category. When I was a teenager, I had a HUGE crush on Donny Osmond, and read everything about him I could get my hands on. I outgrew that by the time I was 16 though. I have read a few biographies and autobiographies of celebrities  and enjoyed a few of them. I don't really read celebrity gossip too much though, just watch it if it's part of a newscast or something. 
      January 9, 2017 3:04 AM MST

not really since its none of my business
      January 8, 2017 3:21 PM MST

• That's about the way I feel too, pearl. :)
      January 9, 2017 2:57 AM MST

Just like astrophysics, I don't get it.  Don't want to get it.  :)
      January 8, 2017 3:32 PM MST

• Very good comparison. I feel the same way. I don't mind reading celebrity gossip once in a while, but I don't obsess over it and don't really care about their personal life. 
      January 9, 2017 2:57 AM MST