Active Now

Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What is funny as he** to some of us is deadly serious to others of us. Our senses of humor are often incompatible . So what?

What is funny as he** to some of us is deadly serious to others of us. Our senses of humor are often incompatible . So what?

Posted - January 16, 2017

Responses

thats cause everyone is different
      January 16, 2017 9:43 AM MST

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Tuesday.
      January 17, 2017 3:44 AM MST

• Humour is a very individual thing. Look at Mr Bean. He's immensely popular and about as funny as a hat full of warts. And yet I heard his other persona, Rowan Atkinson, interviewed on TV one night and the guy is genuinely funny. Go figure!
      January 16, 2017 2:59 PM MST

It's strange. What we find funny hahaha and funny odd is as variable as the number of people in any given group. Some roar at stupid dumb(in my opinion) and some sit stone-faced at really hilarious observations. I suppose it matters if you have a dog in that fight or if you are simply an observer. When we poke fun at people for their political beliefs of course they are not gonna laugh with us. Poking fun at religious beliefs is a lot trickier and far more dangerous. Anyway laughter is the best medicine and some people have a very perverted/dark sense of humor. I don't think any normal person enjoys being the object of derision. But then there are those who were fans of the American comedian Don Rickles. He made a living insulting people like Frank Sinatra and  they loved it. Go figger! And so it goes! Thank you for your reply Didge! :)
      January 17, 2017 3:43 AM MST