Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Listen, I know you've lost a lot of blood, you're feeling weak, you can barely breathe and you can't talk, but may I have your room? ~

Listen, I know you've lost a lot of blood, you're feeling weak, you can barely breathe and you can't talk, but may I have your room? ~

Blink once for "yes", twice for "please do", thrice for "yes, of course", four times for "I insist upon it", or five times for "you were my first choice".  (I'm trying to cover all bases here, folks; you know how a person's lawyers can be in these situations.)

Posted - January 21, 2017

Responses

How about six times for Go to Hell!

That would, in effect, be a No. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at January 22, 2017 7:54 AM MST
      January 21, 2017 10:18 PM MST

"Doctor, she's obviously delirious; let her scratch out a quasi-signature on this document I've hastily prepared on the back of this small napkin.  It's a sort of power-of-attorney . . . "

~
      January 21, 2017 10:26 PM MST

Sorry but that signature will be meaningless; "She" lacks capacity.  Nice try though.  :)
      January 21, 2017 10:30 PM MST

Sure.  You'd better clean it first.  It's the reason I'm sick.
      January 21, 2017 10:28 PM MST

• Sure...   Make certain to turn on the blacklight too.
      January 21, 2017 10:40 PM MST

• I anticipated that this situation might arise and have automatic precautions in place, so I point feebly to a note on the fridge door.
    It says,
    "You may stay here temporarily if you agree to the following conditions.
    Call the ambulance so I can get to hospital. I'll give you my spare key when they get here.
    Please look after the cat while I'm gone - her food is above the fridge, fish for breakfast, nibbles for dinner.
    When I get back, I have my room back and you can sleep on the couch until you've found your own place.
    Will expect you to pay one third of the rent, half the energy bills and all your phone calls, tidy & clean up after your self, and provide your own food.
    No second chances for not keeping agreements. My POA and a nieghbour-friend will be looking out to check that everything's OK.
    If you agree, when the paramedics get here, I will point to where you will find the spare key."
      January 22, 2017 12:40 AM MST

Cat?  Take care of a cat?  You expect me to look after your cat, is that it? Er, um, I just remembered that I have something urgent waiting for me way across town, no, it's in the next county, so I have to be getting along now . . . 
    ~
      January 22, 2017 5:41 AM MST

he needs the room more than you do
      January 22, 2017 4:56 PM MST