Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What influences folks most? Their political views or their religion? Why?

What influences folks most? Their political views or their religion? Why?

Posted - January 24, 2017

Responses

Their religion  ( or lack thereof ) tend to influence their political views.
      January 24, 2017 9:32 AM MST

My focus on God is the only thing that ever motivates my choices, when I am really serious and need guidance.  

Most people think that Religion and politics are the same thing.   They vote for Bush because he is so HOLY and God is on his side.  They cannot tell one from the other.

Most people who voted for him think Trump is the right-hand of God.
      January 24, 2017 9:36 AM MST

• If everything that I care about could be compiled into a Top 100 list, then politics and ideology would fall somewhere between 75 and 100. My faith remains in the top 3. This is from someone who has been a political junkie for at least 50 years. Politics has been described as the art of persuasion or winning people over to a point of view. It can also be described as dishonest, disreputable, disagreeable, disengenuos, disappointing, disruptive and disheartening. Thus my relegating it to the bottom of the list.
      January 24, 2017 4:40 PM MST