Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » SNL writer attacks Barron Trump. While showing her ignorance. Suspended indefinitely will SNL bring her back?

SNL writer attacks Barron Trump. While showing her ignorance. Suspended indefinitely will SNL bring her back?

This is a shot at a 10yr old 
This is a shot at home schoolers
This is ignorant ....Barron is not homeschooled. 

Can you imagine if this was said about the Obama daughters?

Posted - January 25, 2017

Responses

The Libs would have flipped their collective lids. 
    --
      January 25, 2017 6:07 AM MST

Apparently.
      January 25, 2017 6:24 AM MST

Although not anything comparable to this, there were many terrible things said about the Obama daughters.

Children should always be off limits.  I think that writer should have been fired.  It wasn't funny, just cruel.
      January 25, 2017 6:11 AM MST

I agree kids should be off limits. No matter which party.
      January 25, 2017 6:22 AM MST

Really? I don't recall seeing or hearing any bad tidings towards the Obama kids from anyone. Got any examples of that?
      January 25, 2017 6:43 AM MST

You apparently have a short memory - https://www.aol.com/article/2016/05/02/racist-commenters-attack-malia-obama-after-news-of-her-going-to-harvard/21369137/
      January 25, 2017 8:03 AM MST

No, I don't have a short memory. I just never saw that story as I don't watch Fox News. That's why I made the request for examples. 

Making such comments about her is an inexcusable attack. Questioning patronage playing a role in her being admitted to Harvard is not but could be easily answered with her SAT scores if that's even necessary.

The commentator that made the comments should be "on the beach", permanently!

One other thought. Malia does have a legitimate "inside track" to a Harvard admission. She's a "legacy" in that her father is a Harvard grad. That seems to be the way it works at all the "big kids" schools. So unless there's overwhelming evidence found that Dad really pulled strings and/or she's getting a free ride "just because" there's nothing to see there either. And if there evidence found in researching the subject then THAT should be presented and dad and Harvard should be in the crosshairs, not her. And in NO case should such a story hit the "cable" airways until there is irrefutable proof. This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at January 25, 2017 10:48 AM MST
      January 25, 2017 10:12 AM MST

I would never knock the legacy admissions thing - in days of old when knights were bold, it helped me get into Cornell.
      January 25, 2017 12:02 PM MST

And where do you get the idea that I'm knocking it? I'm only describing it.

One of mine may actually have been their own legacy. They were admitted to the university's MD program without pain partly because they had earned a Masters at the same school. Being as smart as a whip and working like a horse didn't hurt either, of course.
      January 25, 2017 1:05 PM MST

S&P, please, don't insult our (yours & mine) intelligence.    

The infamous Elizabeth Lauten tweet is only one example that comes to mind.  Over an 8 year period there were so many.  How many conservatives insulted the girls online? I saw people calling them many stomach churning racist names.  We have truly become a nation divided.

As stated, children should always be off limits.  Not just the GOP ones.   And frankly, anything to do with race, creed, religion,... should be off limits with ANYONE.   

January 25, 2017 8:40 AM MST

So many? Yeah, right. I asked for examples and Stu gave . . . one. Where are the rest? All you have is "don't insult our intelligence" as a defense. Well, that's not likely to happen.
      January 25, 2017 10:13 AM MST

January 25, 2017 11:39 AM MST

Thanks Stu. I'll give those links a read-over.
      January 25, 2017 10:15 PM MST

You obviously have your own agenda since you felt it was important to neglect to actually read the part of my post in which I mentioned Elizabeth Lauten's tweet.

Why must I supply any more examples for you?  ONE TIME, one racist comment or negative attack on ANY child is ONE TIME TOO MANY.  

The only way you wouldn't be aware of it is if you were completely cut off from any type of media over the past 8 years, which I know you haven't, so stop playing games with me.   Sorry but I don't feel compelled to spend my time supplying you with links that prove people attacked the Obama girls when it's obvious you aren't interested or just don't care.  

I now see from the Stu's response, he has done some of the work for you -- huzzah for you. 

Have a great day.    

January 25, 2017 12:54 PM MST

You're the one with the agenda. I and most rational people couldn't give a rodent's rear-end about a "tweet". Tweeting" is nothing more than a forum for childish gossip. (And yes, that includes "the Donalds's "tweets" but in his case he's just talking to the gullible masses that pay attention to such drivel.) This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at January 26, 2017 12:43 AM MST
      January 25, 2017 10:23 PM MST

S&P, you asked me a question, and I answered.  Then you started asking for more than one example.  Why?  My only agenda was making a point about picking on/abusing children of President's & Presidential candidates.  They didn't ask to be dragged into the spotlight.  You claim to have been in media on another thread, and you actively participate on (at the very least) this site. That is why I responded as I did.  I am not that active online but I do read news feeds, as I know you do because you speak with knowledge about the current issues.  Sorry but you would have to be living in a vacuum not to read comments made by angry/hateful people.    

While I personally agree with your viewpoint about tweeting, you couldn't be further from the truth.  Rational people use it all the time. Unfortunately, it's seems to have become a mainstay of our society and it is not viewed as childish gossip.  It is used around the world and has propelled the careers of many people. Kevin Hart is just one that comes to mind.  Entertainers use it as a way of promoting themselves, most politicians & investment gurus use it to inform, and ordinary people have used both Twitter and Vine to become stars.  The biggest use of Twitter is as a money maker.  The more followers people attract, the better the opportunity to get paid to advertise products.  It has been a very useful tool for people like Donald Trump.  Agree or disagree with him, he managed to get people's attention.  People followed him to either agree/defend him or to attack him.  It helped propel him into the national spotlight primarily because the mainstream media picked up all of his tweets. Bottom line, Twitter is serious business and has been instrumental in changing the landscape of social media.   
      January 26, 2017 6:19 AM MST

• I also think the writer should be canned! Say what you will about adults but leave the kids out of it! They're just kids, no matter who their parents are.
      January 25, 2017 6:20 AM MST

Agree 100%..Fired and leave all the kids alone.
      January 25, 2017 6:24 AM MST

Barron will be this country's first home school shooter OFFENDS you?

Get a life.

January 25, 2017 6:48 AM MST

Sure, targeting a child and wishing that violence be visited on anyone is funny, as long as that someone isn't "your guy", right?

(Insert eye-roll here.)
      January 25, 2017 6:50 AM MST

Randy?   I never said that. 

I think that saying stuff like this is NOT targeting a child.  I think TRUMP did that when he put his entire family on display morning, noon and night.  

I think Donald has more money than GOD and no child of Trump need worry about any repercussions WHAT
    SO
    EVER.

Stop the sanctimonious martyr fake actor role.

I would never harm a child but consider this, my FRIEND for life?

(You know I am going to blast you when I flatter you first)

As a young man yourself at one time, I ask you.  Would you rather have a father that has earned the title most hated man on earth for earned reasons, or do you think you would have a more difficult time recovering emotionally from a joke that no one will remember next week?

I mean how do you process information?

Do you just go in your head and try and find some logical argument no matter if it fits or not?

TV show or TRUMP for your dad?

Which came first in the emotional trauma of Baron?  Take a leap here, Randy and THINK about it.

Think about how TRUMP shut up and censored a TV show. 

Do you remember what the Republican pigs did to Obama?  They insulted him left and right.  He would try and speak when he was first inaugurated and pigs would be shouting in the audience that should have been TRUMPED.  Censored.  He took it with grace.

Trump will take everything with force and that 10 year old child was not harmed one iota.  It was not against Baron at all.   It was about TRUMP.

No 10 year old was even insulted. 
      January 25, 2017 8:20 AM MST

Some of the "libs" on this site seem to think it's OK to punch out someone that disagrees with their point of view. I'm starting to think that this may be one case where that's OK.
      January 25, 2017 6:49 AM MST

I seen that.
      January 25, 2017 6:59 AM MST

Hello again, Red:

One case????  Who're you trying to kid??  Stop playing holier than thou.. Look.. You've got your list of people who, if they got hit, you'd chuckle.  And, I have mine..  Topping my list is a Nazi.. Topping yours is a girl.

excon This post was edited by excon at January 25, 2017 10:03 PM MST
      January 25, 2017 7:03 AM MST