Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » what is the best hoilday you have had

what is the best hoilday you have had

Posted - January 25, 2017

Responses

• That's a hard one but the best holidays for me has been Thanksgiving and Holloween. I enjoy the costume parties at Holloween and the Thanksgiving turkey... As long as I didn't make the turkey. If I did make the turkey than that bird died for nothing.
      January 25, 2017 11:20 AM MST

I wasn't really a holiday, but when I was in the Navy I had a girlfriend on the ship and as we cruised around the Med we saw and did things we would not have otherwise done. And we got paid. Best vacation I ever had.
      January 25, 2017 12:43 PM MST

• Crown Point Oregon.
    Looking down the Gorge. Throwing rocks at the tree tops below.
      January 25, 2017 12:58 PM MST

about 7 yrs ago my brothers asked me and my twin sister to go to uruguay with them to see relatives we havent seen since we were kids, we were born there, it was on christmas break since thats when my brother could take my nieces out of school, it was the best holidays ever, got to see cousins i havent seen since i was a child
      January 25, 2017 1:46 PM MST

Labor Day weekend, 1973. I took a motorcycle trip with my cousin, Mark. We went to '''Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park' on the eastern shores of Lake Michigan. We became lost while hiking on 'the sleeping bear'. We ran outta stuff to drink and it got dark. Eventually, we found our way back just as park rangers were gonna come looking for us. (we were teens)  Anyway, I drank my first and last beer then, since my cousin only had ice cold beer in a cooler. I don't drink alcohol and had trouble finishing that can. Tastes like bitter crap to me. Hey, I had to drink something! There is much more to this weekend. Like Bevis and Butthead, we almost scored! 
      January 25, 2017 2:38 PM MST

Sounds like a story that you should blog about here.  I would definitely like to read it!
      January 25, 2017 4:40 PM MST