Active Now

my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Don't you hate when you're just doing you job but you're too pretty so almost every guy who encounters you flirts with you?

Don't you hate when you're just doing you job but you're too pretty so almost every guy who encounters you flirts with you?

Old and young.. But I still don't have a bf... Am I just a potential bootycall? >.>

Posted - July 9, 2016

Responses

Perhaps conceit isn't one of the character traits they find appealing.

July 9, 2016 11:34 PM MDT

No, they think you're out of their league or that you must have a BF. Beauty is intimidating to a lot of guys, with the exception of the jerks who just want a bootycall. The gentlemen are probably too afraid to speak up, though.

July 9, 2016 11:36 PM MDT

July 9, 2016 11:39 PM MDT

You are a legend in your own mind, aren't you dear? 

I admire that.   I try to believe that about me too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      July 9, 2016 11:59 PM MDT

•   July 10, 2016 12:55 AM MDT

That's never happened to me, I can't relate.
    ~
      July 10, 2016 5:17 AM MDT

• Only jerks are not intimidated by a pretty girl? Ill have to disagree with you on that. Respectfully. 

There's still the crazy ones that take rejection with a shrug, the you never know, try anywAy kind. No?

July 10, 2016 10:10 AM MDT

It's the cross we beautiful women have to bear.

July 10, 2016 10:48 AM MDT

You're both right, Just Asking and Not Harry. It's a long-accepted fact that many extremely good-looking women never even get approached by men because of the intimidation factor (I'm not good enough for her, she'll only turn me down) coupled with the must be spoken for factor (she's so beautiful that she's got to have a boyfriend already, there are probably dozens of guys in her life already).
    At the same time, there are men who roll the dice and see how their chances are. Many times, a woman can be pleasantly surprised when she gives a fellow the time of day.
    ~
      July 10, 2016 10:55 AM MDT

• Yeah, I suppose you're right. Although maybe the guy who's intimidated by a pretty girl is intimidated by women period. Perhaps the girl being pretty is just circumstantial. I understand what you're saying with my head. I do.
    With my gut, it's hard to understand. . Who cares if she.says no, it's her loss.
    No? Yes? Maybe?

July 10, 2016 12:18 PM MDT

:)
      July 10, 2016 12:23 PM MDT

I remember that intimidation factor very well. Oh, I'm an incurable flirt now, sure, and I have been for my entire adult life, but just prior to it being part of my identity, I had the WORST complex imaginable when it came to talking to girls (I was a teenager at the time, that's why I don't say "women"). I was so afraid of what a girl would think of me just after she had rejected my advance that it kept me from making any. I was convinced she'd wonder, "Whay in the heck was HE thinking, that I'd go out with him? That I'd allow myself to be seen in public with him? That is want my friends to know I was with him? As IF!"

I don't know when I had my ephifany, but one day I realized, "Wait a minute! I don't know her, she doesn't know me, if she's not interested, just move on, because there's always someone else!" A star was born that day.

So you're right also: who cares if she says no. Not only is it her loss, a guy never knows what a bullet he's dodged if she's actually the worst person he could have invited into his life.

July 10, 2016 12:35 PM MDT

wish i had that problem, guys wont even flirt with me

July 10, 2016 7:35 PM MDT

• I agree Randy! I'm at least a 12 and I never get hit on. Just kidding. I think it's the vibe you send out too. If you're friendly, regardless of how you look, you'll get responses and people trying to get to know you, not just flirts. If you're a pretty face without much substance, you'll just get people trying to get in your pants.
      July 12, 2016 11:35 AM MDT

Flirt with THEM instead, Pearl.

~
      July 12, 2016 4:20 PM MDT

July 12, 2016 4:22 PM MDT

July 12, 2016 4:26 PM MDT

• No human being is a bootycall just because they are, irrespective of how they look.

I don't know how old you are so forgive me if this response is over the top.

When I was young, in London UK, I experienced a great deal of harassment every day travelling to and fro art school, including two near rapes by strangers. I became permanently hostile and defensive. I dressed in grungy sculptor's clothes covered in studio dirt, boots, beanie, scarf, gloves and a snow jacket that made me look like Michelin Man. My face still showed. Apparently being young and female was all that mattered to some types.

Maybe you'd like to spend a day in my body. Men treat me with gentle respect and friendliness and even sometimes offer to open a door or carry a heavy box, all because my face is a mass of wrinkles. It's actually very pleasant and a major relief compared to all those years of having been treated as a potential-object-of-sexual-gratification -- "Spittoon" was my word for it.

It's very unpleasant having to fend off unwanted advances especially if it's happening almost continuously.

You could try the Ice Queen act.

Or you could try the Invisibility act.

You could try something radical, like making a public announcement during break time. "Please, guys, Stop trying to flirt with me. I would like to be treated with friendliness, politeness and respect. It will make it much easier for me to enjoy doing my job properly. I don't want to have to leave this job just because I'm being hassled. I need the income."

Or you could write the short version on the front and back of a large T-shirt and wear it over your work clothes.

Or you could speak to your boss and ask for an office memo to be sent around.

If it works, and if some guy turns up whom you really like, you'll have to be prepared to make the first move asking him on a date and make it clear that he won't have his head bitten off if he flirts back.

July 13, 2016 4:13 AM MDT

Yeah..it's such a burden. I hate being rich too. Gaw, I am more than just a hot millionaire, okay?

July 13, 2016 4:37 AM MDT

July 13, 2016 4:39 AM MDT

I don't have that problem, however if I did the novelty of it would wear off pretty quick.

July 13, 2016 4:40 AM MDT

It works both ways, when at work the women wouldn't leave me alone because of my awesomeness, it really got annoying.

July 13, 2016 4:54 AM MDT