Dogs

Do you have a favorite breed of dog? If so, why?

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

• Basset Hounds! I just love them. Sweet, loyal and loving dogs! 
      January 29, 2017 7:20 AM MST

• My buddy, just love that picture :)
      January 29, 2017 7:31 AM MST

• Usually, whatever breed of dog that I currently have is my favorite. I've had quite a few dogs of different breeds over the years but, overall, the best and smartest dog that I ever had was a Border Collie.
      January 29, 2017 7:22 AM MST

• Little yappy ones with BBQ  sauce... now I'm going to hide!
    Ps... i do love dogs... just not little yappy ones This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 29, 2017 9:21 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 7:34 AM MST

• I read your answer to my dog and she said, "Grrrrr!" 
      January 29, 2017 5:19 PM MST

Your answer reminds me of a tale I heard.  A long time ago, there was a yippy, yappy dog.  It was so annoying, all the powerful beings had a council and decided to take action.  They sent that yippy, yappy, biting everyone's ankels dog down to mexico and named them chihuahua. This little yippy, yappy dog was a little larger than some rats in New York.  Much to their dismay, these little dogs became popular with a few people and they began carrying them around in their purses.  They reproduced like the rats from New York. Their big plan had back fired.   They needed another plan.  Luckily they did have a plan B.
    When Dodger Stadium was born, they thought a great idea would be to make another type dog to accompany mustard, onion, a little bit of ketchup and lots of relish.  That dog was extremely popular and became the Dodger Dog.  They are a little longer than the chihuahua but don't yip or yap or bite anyone's ankles.   There is no reason to hide Ozgirl.  Many, Many people love Dodger Dogs!! This post was edited by Merlin at January 30, 2017 5:56 AM MST
      January 29, 2017 9:38 PM MST

I don't have a favorite breed. All the dogs I've ever had, with the exception of one, have been mixed breeds. All of them had their good qualities. The dog I have now is a Red Heeler mix. We are not sure what she is mixed with though. The only pure bred I've ever had was an English Sheepdog named Duke. That was when I was around 5 years old. 
      January 29, 2017 7:54 AM MST

• Hey M.M. ! Good to see you! 
      January 29, 2017 7:56 AM MST

Good to see you too Rooster! 
      January 29, 2017 8:00 AM MST

•               "Alaskan Malamute"
           (smart, friendly and relatively quiet) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 29, 2017 9:40 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 8:01 AM MST

They're beautiful dogs.
      January 29, 2017 8:03 AM MST

• And they come in assorted colors!  gray and white, sable and white, black and white, seal and white, red and white, or solid white
      January 29, 2017 8:09 AM MST

The Golden Retriever because they are playful and obedient.

January 29, 2017 8:11 AM MST

• And beautiful when they are full grown and groomed properly.
      January 29, 2017 8:16 AM MST

Huge, gargantuan hugs and loves for this one!!!  We had a golden retriever named Ted while my sister and I were growing up.  He was by far and large the best family dog anyone could ever ask for.  It is best if you live near a lake or any sort of water they can play and swim in.  They are outstanding and fun dogs!  Tons of hugs for this!!
      January 29, 2017 9:43 PM MST

Not really. I have probably 20-30 breeds that I think are particularly beautiful/interesting. The best dogs I've had are mixed breeds, and I can't foresee myself every purchasing a dog when there are so many that need homes.

Here's one of the many among my favorites, a Keeshond (KAYZ-hond). I've known a couple and they had lovely personalities. Beautiful dogs!
      January 29, 2017 10:16 AM MST

• Im not trying to be an anti breed militant here in your post, which I.am, but I'd say that mixed breed dogs are better dogs. They have.fewer health issues, and there is more variety in their gene pool.
    But if I was going to choose one, it would be.the pit bull. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 29, 2017 9:43 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 10:28 AM MST

i love dogs and ive thought of getting one except ive been out of work
      January 29, 2017 2:39 PM MST

Pearl, that is the first step toward being a responsible pet owner.  So many people don't take into consideration having a pet is a privilege.  It is not something you do one day and decide you're tired of it the next.
    Depending on your age, 99.9% of the time, it is a life time commitment to you for your dog.  It takes responsibility, censorship, and dedication.
    When it is time Pearl, the right dog will come to you.  
    Few people know this, but, if the situation is right,  the dog will choose you as much as you choose the dog.
    It would be great to know how this turn of event unfolds Pearl.  I hope we are all still around when your dog comes to town!  :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 29, 2017 9:49 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 9:48 PM MST

This may sound odd; but, I must say it before I answer the question.  I think many dog's personalities mirrors their owners.  Not necessarily how a dog looks, per-say, but they way they react.  Maybe it's the other way around.  Who knows?  Big smiles, I just had to say that.
    Onto the question.
    To name one wouldn't be fair.  I do have favorites. 
    From personal experience, I am partial to german shepards, golden retrievers, standard poodles, berneise mountain dogs, (sp? on that?), dobermans, and grey hounds.
    I would like at some point to have the friendship of a border collie, boxer, and an australian sheep dog, and a red-bone coon hound.

Out of all the dogs in the world, the best I've ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with have been "pound puppies" or dogs that have mysteriously entered my life.  All of which were crossbreeds or mutts.

I love them all.
      January 29, 2017 10:01 PM MST