Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is there ever a reason to hit a woman?

Is there ever a reason to hit a woman?

Ever?

Is there ever a time or a situation that would merit striking a.woman? Are there women out there that hide behind being women to act up and try to get away with things.that nobody else could get away with.
Can we expand that further?

Are there people who use being women, or aged,  or handicapped, as a license to be nasty and rude?

Or . .  

No. Never, we should recognize that they are weaker and if no understanding is possible, we should walk away. Anything else makes us Bullies.

Thanks 

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

• I see.what you mean. 
    In a.way that's my contention. 
    I think that you never know who you're messing with. And you may be messing with someone for whom civil social norms don't carry a lot of weight. They may basically don't give a Flint! 
    So I wonder how much of the culpability is yours if you were to get slapped in the process of saying something smart to someone like this.
    I hope that makes sense.
    Thank you Dragon.
      January 29, 2017 8:02 PM MST

I'm sure there is.........they can drive you nuts.  That's why I hang out with men.
      January 29, 2017 5:57 PM MST

@TM -- You drive me nuts. Does that give me license to strike you?

Or are you one of the more-equal-than-others pigs?...;-D..
      January 30, 2017 8:59 AM MST

• yes if a woman approach me with a knife intimidating  me "lets put a smile on your face...
      January 29, 2017 9:27 PM MST

Well, women hit other women all the time.

Or, is your question about men hitting women? It wasn't mentioned in the title or description. 

If that's the case, 

Only if it's the last resort in a case of self-defense. 
      January 29, 2017 9:45 PM MST

• What about a shake?
    You know? 
    A, "what's wrong with cha, woman?" Kind a thing.
    Im finding increasingly incredible that every man in this site.is a Don Qixote De la Mancha.
    You know what I mean?
    Thanks right1.
      January 30, 2017 2:08 PM MST

"Don Qixote De la Mancha"

What does that mean?

A shake isn't as bad as a hit, but still, I would always refrain from any kind of physical violence if its possible to do so. 
      January 30, 2017 2:28 PM MST

• That's a character in books, he went around doing knightly things you know, helping the.weak and rescuing dames. 
    Chivalrous kind of a character. 
    I get your point on violence, I can understand that.
    Im not sure if I get the "I  only don't hit women." thing.
    Thanks man.
      January 30, 2017 2:40 PM MST

Hi Lago, a distant relative who's actually a NASA employee recently revealed that her hubby a renowned doctor in New York physically abused her, we all are still in shock on hearing this news! What can be the reason? She's stunningly beautiful and they have two kids and everything is going great with them...or so we the relatives assumed.....anyways hitting a women is bestial and there's no reason to excuse it. This post was edited by Veena.K at January 30, 2017 2:41 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 10:18 PM MST

• I'm sorry to hear that, V. But can I ask - does being beautiful presuppose that a woman is more likely to be perceived as deserving of immunity from such violence?  I only ask because of your statement, and wonder if that influences our reaction when we hear about such things.

My sister was subject to this treatment many years ago, and I am not suggesting that some women are less or more deserving of being hit than others, no. Your reply struck me as possibly being tied up with other questions about society, and those who do or do not supposedly deserve, and their subsequent treatment.
      January 30, 2017 4:26 AM MST

• You know when I watch those crime shows, it is always something like this, "...she was a beautiful young woman, who had enrolled in college. .blah . .blah. . Blah" it is never, " well she wasn't much to look at, and she was broke, but. . ."
    I know they are trying to establish a certain degree of sympAthy, but it still strikes me as odd.
      January 30, 2017 8:49 AM MST

• Don't you think it's telling, manipulative, judgemental? 
    That's why I mention it here. I'm sure it has to be a factor, somewhere and somehow.
    She was pig-ugly with a big mouth and so she deserved it, kinda thing. Hm.
      January 30, 2017 9:11 AM MST

• What do you think Ms Lucia, do you not think that some times people ask for it?
      January 30, 2017 2:01 PM MST

• It is dependant on who makes up the rules, doesn't it?
    I've always rankled at that expression. How many sexual assaults have been justified because of it.
    Unless she explicitly asks to be hit then the criteria are all very subjective.
      January 31, 2017 3:24 AM MST

Hi Lucia, I'm sorry I never thought my describing her as beautiful meant beautiful women should be made an exception. Abusing women is a bestial action, causing harm physically,mentally or psychologically to any women is inexcusable.  Infact I've heard that men are abused by women too. Neither men nor women should resort to abuse. 
      January 30, 2017 5:36 PM MST

• Of course V, of course.
      January 30, 2017 8:22 PM MST

• Maybe I should have specified, but that's not what I was talking about. Abuse is any kind is just wrong. I understand that. Although I wouldn't make a distinction  between male victims or women victims. So we agree there. 
    Thank V
      January 30, 2017 8:45 AM MST

Yes Lago,abuse shouldnt exist, a victim of abuse could be male or female,sex doesn't matter!
      January 30, 2017 5:38 PM MST

• Yeah, but that's a different thing. The abuse thing. Im talking when somebody (anybody, man or woman) acts in a disrespectful manner towards you or someone else, counting on the self assurance that nothing is going to happen to them. Isn't that sort of like bullying?
    I posted a question the other day, about bullies. And about half the people, responded that sometimes the only way to get rid of a bully is to become physical against them. There was no mention of the bully being a female. 
    When my daughter was little, she was part of a three girl little group, that were making fun of one kid. They kept repeating, "your mommy wears army boots, your momma wears army boots".  The kid had one of those little drinks that come in box, and smashed it on top of my daughter's hand. I said to her, well , you shouldn't have been calling him names no? 
      February 1, 2017 9:43 AM MST

• My ex used to corner me and push me in front of our child, she would get drunk and throw picture frames at my head and I'd have to take her car keys from her and sit with my back against the bedroom door so she couldn't drive.
    I felt like throwing the coffie table across the room at times, but I never did and now that we're separated I don't regret that I never once hit her. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 30, 2017 8:31 AM MST
      January 29, 2017 10:19 PM MST

• I know you're right. I.don't know if I'd do the same tho. Well, maybe there being a kid around and all, I would. Sorry you went thru that. Hope things are better for you.
      January 30, 2017 2:04 PM MST

If there is a woman who is about to stab you with a kitchen knife, I would say it is entirely fair to punch them away.
      January 31, 2017 3:40 AM MST