Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » The only thing you are GUARANTEED to be if you keep living is older. No guarantees on being wiser/kinder/likable! Ain't it a shame?

The only thing you are GUARANTEED to be if you keep living is older. No guarantees on being wiser/kinder/likable! Ain't it a shame?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

• Yes it is a shame Rosie! I look on the bright side and hope everyone gets wiser with age but it isn't always so. Guess we just have to do our best to try to make the best of life.
      January 30, 2017 7:22 AM MST

I have no idea if that 70-year-old evil dangerous doofus in the White House is getting dumber or if he was always this dumb. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply Rooster! :)
      January 31, 2017 6:32 AM MST

I agree. We have to do our best with what we have. That includes age. Even those who are "home bound" can, with some umph, work wonders. Most of us get down on ourselves without cause. I know I have many times. No there are no guarantees except those we make to ourselves. Positive or negative. 
      January 30, 2017 7:32 AM MST

We can try to improve but of course there are no guarantees of that either. Here's an example. I have always been very impatient. The older I get the more I realize it gets in my way. So I TRY to be more patient. But the problem is that in the throes of whatever is annoying me enough to make me impatient I FORGET and  I roll with it. It is only afterward that I realize once again I dropped the ball! SIGH. I  keep trying but I honestly think I'm hopeless. It just ain't gonna happen! :( Thank you for your reply Ancient One and Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 31, 2017 6:36 AM MST

theres never any guarantees in life
      January 30, 2017 9:27 AM MST

Death and taxes is the standard answer pearl. Thank you for your reply.
      January 31, 2017 6:36 AM MST

It all depends on the person, if you keep harping about the same things, always talking about negative subjects you will guarantee yourself to be what you think. your mind is to guarantee what you want to be. I know people who have terrible disabilities but have done wonders for themselves and are professional people and told me it is all what you make up your mind to do. If your waiting for someone to give you guarantees you're wasting your time it's up to you.
         I can't guarantee you will wake up tomorrow, but if you do, have a nice day.
      January 30, 2017 1:18 PM MST