Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Is it ironic that Im always asking god to give me a job for a christmas gift ?

Is it ironic that Im always asking god to give me a job for a christmas gift ?

Im always telling god how i want a job for a christmas present. this past christmas i couldnt go to church cause my ride cancelled cause of a snow storm, so later I was sitting around sending out resumes, and yes i did this christmas day, noone had asked me over. anyways , the next day someone calls me from this company about handing out samples in the supermarkets. theyve been really interested and I've been doing a lot of paperwork for them since. I had just scanned some stuff over a wk ago. things like voided checks for direct deposit so they can pay me, copy of ID's etc., i was at school today and when i got home i got a message saying she had called. so im going to call her back in the morning. Ive been sending out resumes for a while between school breaks and i find it ironic that that particular resume had been sent out christmas day. theyve had to process stuff like background checks, etc., i think i might have to do a drug test soon, that might be what she called about. its part time so i can make my own schedule so i might stay in school at least for this semester. Ive been having a hard time finding work and would be glad for even part time work, i kind of prefer it right now anyways cause of school, does anyone else find this ironic? has this ever happened to anyone else?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

• It's not ironic , you make your own luck through never giving up , perseverance , and hard work.... If you wanna put Xmas spin on it ...that's fine. But if you get job it's cos of your output and personal determination. good luck :) 
      January 30, 2017 10:21 PM MST

completely agree. and good luck with everything Pearl :D
      January 30, 2017 11:48 PM MST

• Why is your answer gone my last question? Was fun :/ meh 
      January 31, 2017 12:04 AM MST

i didnt take anything out
      January 31, 2017 9:28 AM MST

Have you heard the expression "God helps those who help themselves?" 
      January 31, 2017 7:52 AM MST

yes, i heard it
      January 31, 2017 9:29 AM MST

Jehovah God knows your needs. A human has basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter. Pearl you can be certain that God knows you needed a job to provide for your necessities. Yet, also keep in mind to nourish and  satisfy your spiritual need.  (Matthew 5:3) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at January 31, 2017 9:56 PM MST
      January 31, 2017 9:54 PM MST

Having faith in God is always good Pearl, God has definitely heard your prayers but it is like Jamie said,not just one factor but cumulative factors that have lead to this consequence. Congrats;))
      January 31, 2017 10:00 PM MST