Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Fast Cash Loan Companies: Scum or saviors?

Fast Cash Loan Companies: Scum or saviors?

#$$$$$$

Posted - January 31, 2017

Responses

• Neither.   Just another option and business people need to think about and weigh the pro's and con's of before involving themselves with.
      January 31, 2017 11:08 AM MST

Well said.
      January 31, 2017 12:55 PM MST

They're like bankers.  A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
      January 31, 2017 12:38 PM MST

A little of both.  If you have bad credit and need cash fast, that's probably the only way.  The bad part is that the interest rates are much higher, but that's also to minimize the risk of loaning money to people who aren't "credit-worthy."
      January 31, 2017 1:40 PM MST

It's something else to exploit the low income, stupid, and/or addicts.  The world was probably a better place without them.  No need to start listing all of the times they help someone out.  Sure they do occasionally.  I have a family member who was cashing his paycheck there twice a month because he got paid on Friday night when he got off work.  After one conversation he now has a checking account at a bank which is open on Saturdays.  No problem and much smarter.

Those fast cash and check cashing places are one of several key signs of a neighborhood devaluing itself.  College towns not included.  That is where my family member live.  Many students who also work do what he was doing.
      January 31, 2017 4:43 PM MST

that probably depends on if theyre legit or not
      February 1, 2017 10:28 AM MST