Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Can you love/respect someone who terrifies you? How?

Can you love/respect someone who terrifies you? How?

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

• Yup.   Been there plenty of times. Having family members and friends that have some mental health problems it's often part of the territory.
    You love them, try your best to help them, and respect them but are often terrified by what the future holds for them, what they may do to themselves, what they may do to you sometimes even.
      February 3, 2017 6:56 AM MST

I could not be as kind, understanding or brave as you Glis. If I am terrified I stay far away. I don't like the feeling of being afraid.  I once dated a guy who got very angry about something and smashed a candy dish on the floor and it shattered! That was the end of that guy! I can't be around people who are so unstable that they can lose their tempers and get violent! He didn't touch me but who knows what further temper tantrums would lead to? I wasn't gonna hang around and chance it. It scared me. I mean if he could smash something into a zillion pieces what would prevent him from smashing me..hitting me..throwing me against a wall? Never had a family member who scared me. If I did I would stay very far away. I hope you never suffer negative consequences for your kind concern. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 4, 2017 2:13 AM MST

No
      February 3, 2017 3:36 PM MST

Me too neither MaCC. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      February 4, 2017 2:13 AM MST