Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Supposedly all cops are wearing cameras. Why not extend that to EVERYONE? How much safer would the world be if everyone wore cameras?

Supposedly all cops are wearing cameras. Why not extend that to EVERYONE? How much safer would the world be if everyone wore cameras?

And audio tapes. Everything they encountered would be filmed/taped for playback when/if needed?

Posted - February 11, 2017

Responses

In the first place, all cops are not wearing body cams.  Secondly, that is not a world I would want to live in.  Would you really give up your privacy for a false sense of security, Rosie?  You do realize that crime is down...right? This post was edited by Bozette at February 11, 2017 8:18 AM MST
      February 11, 2017 6:29 AM MST

Big Brother [shivers violently].
      February 11, 2017 7:06 AM MST

• Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." This quote says it all. I don't want to give up my liberty, or part of it, for a false sense of security. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 11, 2017 11:56 AM MST
      February 11, 2017 8:13 AM MST

depends on whats going on whether it would be safer or not
      February 11, 2017 9:15 PM MST