Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Should Harrison Ford the actor loose his pilots license?

Should Harrison Ford the actor loose his pilots license?

He seems to be having a lot of trouble keeping his plane in the air.  He also had a close call with a plane full of passengers by landing on the wrong strip. 

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

• Not only that, but he also called the tower twice saying he was in a helicopter and not a plane. I don't like to see anyone grounded, but for his safety and the safety of others, I think that it's time. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2017 8:58 AM MST
      February 21, 2017 5:23 AM MST

• It's a bad feeling when they ground you!
      February 21, 2017 7:21 AM MST

• I'm sure it is, and I hate it for anyone who enjoys flying....but when you don't know what you're about to take into the air....yikes!
      February 21, 2017 8:01 AM MST

After all his near misses it's time for him to stay on the ground.
      February 21, 2017 5:41 AM MST

Yes.  He is clearly showing signs of an inability to make proper decisions.  The man is lucky he hasn't killed himself or someone else yet.  I think he should also be required to retake his driver's test.   If he doesn't pass, well, he has enough money to hire someone who can act as both chauffeur and pilot.  
      February 21, 2017 6:10 AM MST

Obviously the world does not have all the facts. Just based on those that are publicly known and deemed authentic I would say he needs a long break from flying. He should have a complete physical geared for a man his age. As you become ancient many things change within and with out your body. Most changes cannot be see or detected till it is too late. Dementia can begin and progress for years before anyone notices. That is one example. I know for one, my reflexes are much slower than they were five years ago. I have made many changes to my driving habits.
      February 21, 2017 7:17 AM MST

Hello AO:

As a pilot over 40, he IS required have a complete physical every year.

excon
      February 21, 2017 8:10 AM MST

Hey bud.  Glad you chose to post.

Physically it looks like he is in good shape.  Do those physicals include reflex and mental acuity? 
      February 21, 2017 8:38 AM MST

• Yes it does, Alf. I didn't pass last years physical and was grounded, Bummer.
      February 21, 2017 8:43 AM MST

I'm very sorry Rooster.  I know how Meniere's can make someone's life a living hell at times and, to have to give up something you love to do, must be very, very difficult.
      February 21, 2017 8:52 AM MST

• Only good thing about it was how much money I got for my BF-109G and my B-25. Loved flying those planes!
      February 21, 2017 8:53 AM MST

Do you have a buddy that flies and is looking for company?  Can you at least get up into the air again even though you can't be the pilot yourself?  Or is the Meniere's completely grounding you?
      February 21, 2017 8:58 AM MST

• I used to fly with my cousin but he passed away last year. I can't go up in the air in anything now.
      February 21, 2017 9:03 AM MST

Hello R:

You can sit in the right seat, can't you?

excon

PS>  Look..  They TOOK my ticket too.  Oh, not because I can't pass the physical, but because I was convicted of a marijuana offense..
      February 21, 2017 9:09 AM MST

• No, I can't be in the air at all now. Too much pressure on my bad ear.
      February 21, 2017 9:11 AM MST

Hello again, R:

Bummer..  But, you had some NICE planes, and a lotta years flying 'em..

excon
      February 21, 2017 9:14 AM MST

• Over 40 plus years! They both were restored by my Uncle and I painted them both. So I'm getting used to it now.
      February 21, 2017 9:17 AM MST

Rooster, it appears this past year has not been good to you.  I'm really sorry for that.  I know it might be a little soon, but, relying on personal experience,  I am going to do everything I can to encourage you to adopt another Bassett Hound in need. I know there is a Bassett Hound rescue in San Diego.  Are you anywhere near there?  Have you looked at Petfinder.com to see if there are any dogs near you that are looking for homes?
      February 21, 2017 9:20 AM MST

• Closest one to me is Golden Gate Basset rescue and I need to give it some more time yet. Thank you, it was a bad year for me.
      February 21, 2017 9:22 AM MST

Believe me, I understand the time thing.  How about fostering?  You don't have to commit to the dog but at least you can provide a home for one until they are adopted out.  This way, you can have the companionship and fun without the expense or commitment.  The group (or a shelter) has someone willing to help them provide a stable environment to a dog they might not be able to take on due to a lack of fosters.  Helping a dog in need does help take the sting out of the losses by giving you something else to focus on.  It's what helped me cope with some devastating losses of my own over the years.  All I'm saying at the moment is to just give it some thought.

This post was edited by Harry at February 21, 2017 9:37 AM MST
      February 21, 2017 9:35 AM MST

• I am on their foster list but I live too far away from them. But we'll see.
      February 21, 2017 9:38 AM MST

Hello again, Harry:

Nice to see you too.. 

Reflex, yes..  Mental acuity??  Not really..  It's a medical exam after all..  If he appeared confused, however, I'm sure the doctor could have pulled his ticket..

Or, he COULD have hired the same doctor Trump hired.  Then he would be FITTEST pilot that EVERY LIVED in the HISTORY of mankind..

excon
      February 21, 2017 8:50 AM MST

That's kind of along the lines of what I was thinking.  He has had his own doctor for years and based upon their relationship, along with the doctor not wanting to lose such a prestigious client, he is giving him the green light.  Sadly, he is doing Ford a grave disservice IMO.
      February 21, 2017 8:54 AM MST

• Yes, it's time. I've been flying since I was 15 and just last year? The Doc's grounded me because my Meniere's disease has gotten worse and I lose my balance and could black out from a vertigo attack. Flying is a real thrill and rush but when it's time to stop? Then you just have to grin and bear it. I'm not near as old as him but you have to do what the Doc's say. I feel bad for him.
      February 21, 2017 7:26 AM MST