Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Mental Health professionals declare Trump is mentally ill and must be removed from office. Scientologists reject psychiatry. Do you too?

Mental Health professionals declare Trump is mentally ill and must be removed from office. Scientologists reject psychiatry. Do you too?

Drs. John Gartner and Lance Dodes say Trump is a Paranoid Psychopathic Narcissist. He has a loose grip on reality and rejects any aspect of it he doesn't like. Reality is fluid to him. It is a worst-case scenario. Trump appeared sane enough to be elected. Had he worn tin foil hats and appeared naked in public he never would have been a candidate for prez let alone elected. These two doctors and other mental health professionals believe it is THEIR DUTY to warn us. That duty far outweighs the ordinary reticence any doctor has about diagnosing from afar. They said it is the behavior and informants who validate the diagnosis.  This is serious stuff folks. Trump supporters don't see him that way. I don't know how they cannot but they do not. So do we heed the warning of mental professionals or write them off as political theater/partisanship/grandstanding/jealousy and ignore them? How much of a gambler are you?

Posted - February 22, 2017

Responses

Excellent comments Glis and I completely agree.  
      February 22, 2017 1:18 PM MST

I take it then that these comments of yours are not similarly politically motivated ? If they are then aren't you doing the exact same thing of which you accuse them? You also state something not in evidence about their personalities. Which seems to me to be similarly politically motivated. That renders this response at the very least suspect, naive, ingenuous. Had you limited your remarks to psychiatry and expanded upon that...giving us proofs and examples and links to go to for in-depth information that would have been very substantive and helpful. But you turned it into an opportunity to share YOUR political views which are inescapable so we are left with what exactly? Thank you for your reply TZ and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      February 23, 2017 6:58 AM MST

The difference is that I believe what I'm saying. I genuinely believe psychiatry is mostly quackery. I don't believe they seriously believe Trump is mentally incompetent and needs to be removed from office on mental health grounds. They're just making a political jibe. I admit I could be wrong about them. It's possible that they really are that delusional. 

Bias is when a person claims neutrality but isn't neutral. I'm openly right wing so I'm not biased. I've disclosed my affiliations. These shrinks are claiming to act in a professional and academic capacity. They're trying to claim neutrality and I don't believe it for a minute. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 23, 2017 11:16 AM MST
      February 23, 2017 11:02 AM MST

In my opinion, (emphasis on opinion) nowadays, most of what people, including the medical/psychiatric fields, etc, are saying about Trump, is politically motivated. To put it in simple terms, the Left is mentally and physically unable to come to terms with the fact that Donald Trump won the election over Hillary Clinton. They need to deal with it and move on. Name-calling, accusations, and outright lies aren't the best ways for beginning that move forward.
      February 23, 2017 11:38 AM MST

Different strokes RC. I totally disagree with thee. So what, right? From your words I take it there is nothing The Donald has done or said that shocks/upsets/disgusts/frightens you then? You think he is an okay guy doing okay things? Of course your view is your right to hold as is mine. We are at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      February 24, 2017 3:01 AM MST

RosieG

There's nothing wrong with differing views. It's how we express those differing views is what's important. I tend to be quite blunt and frank which put's off some people. Does anything that Trump says or does shock/upset/disgust/ or frighten me? It takes a lot to shock me and very little frightens me but there are some things that disgust and upset me. One example of that being the violence in the streets after Trump's victory over Clinton. The protests are still occurring which is one of the things that lead me to say, it's time for the losing side to deal with it and move on. Stop the adolescent behavior and work together. I will say one more thing. Does what Trump says or does shock/upset/disgust/frighten me? No it doesn't but it does surprise me.
      February 26, 2017 11:07 AM MST