Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why would ANY US company bring back high-wage jobs to America from abroad when that would cut into its profits and impact stockholders?

Why would ANY US company bring back high-wage jobs to America from abroad when that would cut into its profits and impact stockholders?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

Fear of a much lower profit margin than if they stay put. Trump is planning on imposing a "very major border tax" on the products they sell here.  So, he is pretty much guaranteeing them he will ensure to screw them over HUGELY if they don't bring their businesses back home.  As an incentive for all businesses, he is promising BIGLY tax breaks with his new tax plan. 
      February 23, 2017 10:06 AM MST

Oh. Swell! How does it all play out Harry? What is the endgame? How long will this euphoric courtship last?  Inquiring minds wanna know! Thank you for your thoughtful reply. The Donald is a bigly Pain in the Arse. He is a bigly danger to the world. Who out there is more bigly than he who can take him down and out for good? One keeps hoping for the Deus ex Machina since the Knights in Shining Armor are on his payroll and terrified of him? This post was edited by RosieG at February 23, 2017 10:28 AM MST
      February 23, 2017 10:23 AM MST

LOL Rosie!  I like seeing the playful you. :-)

I wish I knew the answers to your many questions.  
      February 23, 2017 10:36 AM MST

Thanks m'dear. I wish I knew the answers too so I'd know more and not have to ask endless questions. It is what it is!  As Popeye says I Yam what I Yam and that's all that I Yam!. I also love spinach Harry! Go figger!  :)
      February 25, 2017 6:09 AM MST