Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What's the last thing you did that mattered?

What's the last thing you did that mattered?

Posted - February 25, 2017

Responses

• I get it, that's funny Alf.
    Thanks.
      February 25, 2017 3:26 PM MST

I said to my husband,
    "I love you," moments ago. 
      February 25, 2017 3:40 PM MST

• Did he say "I love you" back?
      February 25, 2017 3:43 PM MST

Hi Lago~ Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I'm not sure what it looks like on your end.  But just so you know,  even though it may appear as if I'm on here, many times, I am not.  I rarely unplug my computer.  In turn, all the tabs, I leave open for quick access back.  Like, to answerMug, for example! Big smiles.
    Thank you for asking and yes, he did.
    It might seem trivial to some; but, I know it is important to be reminded that you are loved. :) :)
      February 26, 2017 3:01 PM MST

• You don't need to explain anything toe Ms Merlin. Im happy with you just responding.
    On the trivial part...
    I think that the importance of something should not be measured by asking those who have it l, but by asking those who don't.
    So if we were to ask someone who has seldom been told "I love you", if it matters, he'd probably say it matters plenty.
    So, no, I wouldn't say it is trivial. 
    I hope that makes sense to you, 
    Thanks for responding M.
      February 26, 2017 9:21 PM MST

I have been developing mind over matter, using the power of my mind to warm a cup of water. I am already able to get it up to room temperature.
      February 25, 2017 4:33 PM MST

Hang in there---you probably are simply stuck at a temporary plateau.
      February 27, 2017 11:13 AM MST

I'm so impressed. 
      February 27, 2017 4:26 PM MST

did this quiz for this job ive been applying for
      February 25, 2017 8:58 PM MST

I am a volunteer English teacher to Syrian and Kurdish refugees.
    A few minutes ago, I responded to a Whatsapp message from the mom in the one family. She wrote it in English and the meaning was clear.  I wrote back telling her this.  She sent back a bunch of happy emojis. 
    This post was edited by Rathkeale at February 27, 2017 5:17 PM MST
      February 26, 2017 11:50 AM MST

Hi Rathkeale~  You are such an incredible giver back (just playin' with you! Giggles!)  Please allow me to reword that statement and thought.
    There are many people throughout the world that you reach and help.  I know I am one of them and very grateful to have you as a friend.
    Hurrah and congrats to the mother who wrote back in English.  She is well on her way.  Good for you and her!
    I need to call my mom.  So, I'm off.  Happy thoughts, pats, and great vibes always,  Love, Merlin
    P.S.
    Did you see VirginiaL was here too?  She think she might like it if you stopped by and said "hi!" :) :)
      February 26, 2017 3:14 PM MST

Merlin, thanks for such kind words. You are such a Sweetie!  Virginia and I just had s chat over a question. I'll try to come here more often. 
      February 26, 2017 3:21 PM MST

• Do you speak their language?
      February 26, 2017 9:22 PM MST

No. I'm an Anglo type. We use Google translator on our phones for accuracy and work in basic expression. Arabic to English is so hard. Arabic is right to left. Adjectives come after nouns. Four of the people I work with are clearly traumatized from Syria and two years in a refugee camp. They came to Canada in winter with what they were wearing. They are such ordinary people wanting calm. He was a cook in a restaurant. She was a hairdresser. It is so easy to be kind to them.  This post was edited by Rathkeale at February 28, 2017 4:55 PM MST
      February 27, 2017 4:33 PM MST

• I am familiar with the Arabic language. 
    I have tutored many Arab speaking people on different subjects and at the end I was able to almost go thru.a.whole class in Arabic.
    That was a.long time ago tho. I have forgotten most of it.
    Thank you for your response. And.yes, you should be.proud of what you do. It definitely matters.
      February 27, 2017 4:45 PM MST

• That's great, Teach. I couldn't answer this question. It's been a while since I did anything that really mattered. 
      February 27, 2017 4:22 PM MST

hmmmm. You spread information and stories and lies and humour every day.  
      February 27, 2017 4:35 PM MST

• Well, ah...
      February 27, 2017 4:41 PM MST

• I have a hard time believing that Mr D.
      February 28, 2017 4:56 PM MST

• It's true enough. I've certainly done my share in the past, and on many levels, but these days I don't get out much. Can't really...
      February 28, 2017 5:13 PM MST

• Sorry to hear that Mr D. But I'd say that around here you always maintain an upbeat and positive manner, that I would argue matters a lot. 
    No?
      February 28, 2017 5:22 PM MST

• Thanks, Lago. It's nice of you to say that. I've certain upset myu share of people on Q&A sites (the most recent only yesterday). Ah well...
      February 28, 2017 5:28 PM MST

• It happens . . .
      February 28, 2017 5:30 PM MST

I cleaned out my closet. Am working on organizing my art supplies. Organized my library. Still have more work to do. This is spring cleaning. Got rid of a bunch of stuff. Then I went to get a hair cut. :-) 
      February 27, 2017 5:21 PM MST

• That's a lot of work there M, 
    Are you a keeper or more of a throawayer?
      February 28, 2017 4:51 PM MST