Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Say your government blacks out all news from all sources for ONE MONTH. What would you to do fill that void? Create fake news and spread it?

Say your government blacks out all news from all sources for ONE MONTH. What would you to do fill that void? Create fake news and spread it?

Posted - February 26, 2017

Responses

• My life would not be effected.  I do not read newspapers or periodicals, watch or listen to news broadcasts.
      February 26, 2017 4:45 AM MST

How do you know what's going on in the world whistle if you have no sources to which you go to find that stuff out? I'll tell ya my life changed on 9/11. I was never one to watch news shows 24/7. I'd watch the 6:00 pm news daily and of course I read newspapers but not every word. I tended to scan them a lot. After 9/11? I'm a news junkie. I'm afraid to opt out. We might be at war or some huge dangerous life-taking scourge is coming upon us like a nuclear missile from North Korea headed for California, where I live. I need to know NOW as it is happening. Am I too involved in that? Yes. I think I am for sure but once I got hooked in and I can't unplug. On occasion I can't stand it so I run away to Turner Classic Movies where there are no commercials or interruptions. A safe place. But it doesn't last long. Soon I'm champing at the bit wondering what in the he** is going on "out there"? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday. Woe is me!  :(
      February 26, 2017 4:52 AM MST

• Were it not for questions posted on AM I'd have no idea what is going on in the world.  I live in near total isolation.
      February 26, 2017 3:42 PM MST

i would wait that month if i wanted to know whats going on
      February 26, 2017 8:58 PM MST