Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Does anyone have cuddle hugs for this sick gal?

Does anyone have cuddle hugs for this sick gal?

Have bronchitis and it is so bad :( Can barely breathe and it feels like a thousand knives erupting in my chest.. any huggs tonight would be GREATlY appreciated

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

I'm sorry. I too have chronic bronchitis. I usually get prednisone. I too have a rescue inhale.
      March 5, 2017 8:16 AM MST

I'm sorry. I too have chronic bronchitis. I usually get prednisone. I too have a rescue inhaler. Feel better soon.
      March 5, 2017 8:16 AM MST

Aww ty for that huge hugggg. :) I wish I had either Pred or inhaler but only have a med that isn't working at all:(
      March 5, 2017 11:56 AM MST

I'm so sorry!
      March 5, 2017 3:27 PM MST

I'm so sorry!
      March 5, 2017 3:35 PM MST

I have the chronic bronchitis form of COPD.  Just got out of a 4 day stay in the hospital for an exacerbation.  You've gotten some great advice here.  Has your doctor prescribed an 'action pack' for you for times like this?  If not, ask him about it (usually an antibiotic and prednisone), they're frequently given to folks like us so that we can get started immediately on treatment even before our physicians can see us.

Lots of water, Mucinex (plain Mucinex) is a Godsend, cough...cough, cough, cough and clear those lungs!!  During times like this when your breathing is a bit compromised, consider wearing a particulate/dust mask in dusty/smoky situations.  That can make a big difference. One of my docs swapped me to an equal part honey/lemon/black tea/whiskey cough syrup.  Soothes the throat, opens the lungs, thins the mucus....and mebbe relaxes you a little.  :)

Please, take care.  I understand how terrifying it is when you're having trouble breathing.  *soft, warm, nonrestricive hugs*

March 5, 2017 8:59 AM MST

• That Mucinex helps a lot! 
      March 5, 2017 9:01 AM MST

I honestly don't know what I would do without it!
      March 5, 2017 9:05 AM MST

• Me neither!
      March 5, 2017 9:09 AM MST

It's miserable.  I have a rescue inhaler due to my asthma.  I definitely used it more than normal with this latest.  I too was given an antibiotic and prednisone.  

Mucinex and drinking lots of clear liquids is a must.

Bronchitis is very scary when you can't breathe.
      March 5, 2017 11:34 AM MST

I also have a nebulizer I use 4x a day.....and a steroid inhaler twice a day.  It's beginning to run my life.

Folks....don't smoke...and if you do....quit NOW.  They ain't kidding and it ain't worth it. This post was edited by Sugar Skull at March 6, 2017 11:12 AM MST
      March 5, 2017 11:40 AM MST

I'm so sorry friend.. HUGS to you for being so brave for the hospital stay. Yes it is scary thinking, when am I going to take another breath???? I will try that tea mixture..hehe. I love tea, I just always feel so miserable I don't even go make it, just water. I just got over bronchitis too, a week ago :/ ughhh. When will April be here lol.. will germs be gone then?  Ty for those huggs , and also your tips..
      March 5, 2017 11:59 AM MST

arent they giving you antibiotics? thats how you get rid of it
      March 9, 2017 3:37 PM MST