Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Ed Sheeran. MASSIVE EGO. vs REAL TALENT

Ed Sheeran. MASSIVE EGO. vs REAL TALENT

Singer-songwriter, Ed Sheeran, is getting a little bit big for his boots these days. Don't get me wrong, he does have some talent, but he's not the legend he thinks he is in his own mind. 

Let me tell you what a legend is. Let me tell you some names of some people who were the best at what they did:

Muhammad Ali - Boxing
Tiger Woods - Golf
Bruce Lee - Martial arts
Michael Schumacher - Racing
Freddie Mercury - Singing
Jimi Hendrix - Guitar
Buddy Rich - Drums
Michael Jackson - Dancing
Michael Jordan - Basketball
Pele - Soccer
Alfred Hitchcock - Movie Director

Ed Sheeran needs to show a little bit more respect for real talent when he sees it. 

Posted - March 5, 2017

Responses

• Great list of Legends you have there and I agree.
      March 5, 2017 5:48 PM MST

Reminds me of a Gorillaz video. 
      March 5, 2017 8:09 PM MST

• Could not agree more, Righty. Too many current performers ("artists" is too great a stretch nowadays) of unexceptional talent drink deeply from the Kanye West trough of self-absorption. 

The list you provide is an excellent one, and it is a common trait of actual legends to allow the title to be applied by others, not pronounced upon oneself. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 6, 2017 8:24 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 6:16 PM MST

ahh! Simple Minds --  my favorite group!
    Excellent!

WAIT!! Is that Sheeran just standing there in the crowd, looking bored and unimpressed? I see some reddish-haired guy who looks like it may be him. Hmmpf. . . . 

As far as Sheeran, the very first song I heard of his remains the very best of his to me -- I'll go look for it --  can't remember -- no, it's " The A Team" -- I really like that song! The rest of his stuff all sounds the same to me.

And Mercury and Queen!! Just heard "Fat Bottomed Girls" today! My favorite Queen song! We've talked about how much we like Mercury and Queen before.
    :)

There's no arguing with your list as far as I'm concerned.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 6, 2017 8:24 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 7:00 PM MST

The a team is his best song, yep. And he's going to be living off of that song for the rest of his life! LOL!!!! ;P

And it's my video of the simple minds that inspired this question. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it! I was thinking about how the lead singer looks just like my uncle, and then the camera went down to the audience. Everybody was loving it, smiling, dancing, singing along. All except Sheeran, who had a; "I can do better than that" look on his face. What a spoiled chump! lol 
      March 5, 2017 8:17 PM MST

I thought that might have been him, yup!
    To my eyes, too, he really does stick out in that crowd in a bad way.

And that's fun about your uncle! 
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 6, 2017 6:55 PM MST
      March 6, 2017 8:45 AM MST

• I have no idea who this person is.  And Hendrix?  I'd rather listen to an electric guitar smash, crash and bang its way falling down a long flight of stairs.  That I could enjoy while watching the most captivating and exciting of all human activities, golf. Or better a golf player driving a car real fast around the same track over and over. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 6, 2017 8:24 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 8:15 PM MST

You're better off not knowing who he is, Whistle. 
      March 5, 2017 8:17 PM MST

Hendrix is a little overrated in my opinion, humble as it is. May be I'm missing something. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 6, 2017 8:25 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 8:41 PM MST

• Humble or no it is correct. Especially the abomination of the anthem. 
      March 5, 2017 8:42 PM MST

The a team is his best song, yep. And he's going to be living off of that song for the rest of his life! LOL!!!! ;P

And it's my video of the simple minds that inspired this question. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it! I was thinking about how the lead singer looks just like my uncle, and then the camera went down to the audience. Everybody was loving it, smiling, dancing, singing along. All except Sheeran, who had a; "I can do better than that" look on his face. What a spoiled chump! lol 
      March 5, 2017 8:16 PM MST

I like your list.
      March 5, 2017 8:36 PM MST

So who is the guy in the red shirt? He's terrible. Why did you post this flick? It is a waste of electrons.
      March 6, 2017 5:40 AM MST