Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What do you appreciate/like the most about your best friend?

What do you appreciate/like the most about your best friend?

My best friend is a walking rock and roll encyclopedia he knows absolutely ever thing about the history of rock - like if you ask him about a song he could tell you the lyrics the name of group the name of the band members and the instruments they played. Then if you let him he'll start going on and on about other things like # of record sales - recorded labels  - who is alive or dead  - there wife's or widows name  - and so much more. What I appreciate about him is sometimes I get a craving to hear an old song but I can't find it because I can't remember the name or the band but if I hum a few bars to my friend he tells me who it's by then I can google it. Cheers!

Posted - March 10, 2017

Responses

My BFF knows his music like your friend does.  He listens and knows it all, old and new.  He remembers the lyrics and can pull up anything quickly if need be.  He is very musically inclined and can play the piano almost as good as I can.  hahahahaha no really he plays much better than I do. 
    he can arrange music and has written a song or two along with his poetry.  He plays other musical instruments as well, more than one. He is an incredible IT guy.  He is talented in many areas but the greatest talent he has is making me happy by just holding my hand. 
      March 10, 2017 6:28 PM MST

Very cool - cheers! 
      March 10, 2017 6:39 PM MST

He calls me out when I'm wrong, doesn't mince words and does it not to be right, but because he genuinely desires that I ever better myself. He will not accept a version of me that fails to, at least attempt to reach my highest potential. Now that's love right there.
      March 10, 2017 6:33 PM MST

Thats love at grove factor 10. Cheers!
      March 10, 2017 6:42 PM MST

Right? My thoughts as well. Same to you :)
      March 10, 2017 7:23 PM MST

• He knew everything about knives and always seemed to know of alternatives for anything I needed. For example, I had an Apple iPod, an ungodly hellish device, that I hated and he introduced me to Microsoft Zune and even gave me his old device. Anytime I had a question in those areas, bam! He'd have an answer. That is why I carry a Cold Steel Recon 1 folding knife with me every day; because of his recommendations. Damn, I miss that guy.
      March 10, 2017 6:50 PM MST

• What I like the most about my best friend is he's been in my life since I was 14, he moved province with me when I was 16 And last time I jumped in a river naked he jumped in and pulled me out and carried me to bed. That ended his first serious relationship though .... That's sad :( Cos he was a manwhore before her but he loved that girl. She didn't like me though so she had to go. That's fine. I was never a threat to her so I hate her guts. I wish I wasn't cause of them end though ...oh wow I'm rambley 
      March 10, 2017 6:57 PM MST

• That she knows my innermost secrets including where I keep my stash of Cheetos and will never ever tell anyone.
      March 10, 2017 8:04 PM MST

• My best friend knows everything there is to know about WW2 and I enjoy hearing about the history. He's also someone I can talk to about anything comfortably and I love him dearly.
      March 11, 2017 6:34 AM MST

Impossible for me to pick my favorite thing about him.  

And just a note - - I added more to one of my answers to another of your questions. At this time of night for me, I'm glad to focus now on my best friend. Thanks  :)
      June 24, 2022 2:02 AM MDT

She died a couple of years ago from cancer, but the one thing I appreciated about her was how empathetic she was. Also, she could talk your head off, but the thing was that I would never get tired of it.
      June 24, 2022 6:27 AM MDT

I am sorry about that, and how more people didn't get to meet her. Hope it still counts as good fortune to have had a friend like that.
      June 25, 2022 12:33 PM MDT

Honesty, in a very broad sense. In all my life (minus ten days, because that is how long we have known each other), I have never witnessed this guy act any differently in order to get people to like him - and yet everybody does. 

So the things I have learned from him include singing while cycling through the city.
      June 24, 2022 12:35 PM MDT