Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever known the type but pleasantly surprised by the person?

Have you ever known the type but pleasantly surprised by the person?

Posted - March 11, 2017

Responses

• Nope.. I tend not to judge people before I know them.. I tend to give everyone the same chances and I wait to see what a person is like.

I've met all sorts... rich, poor, fat, thin.. black, white.. people are all just people..
      March 11, 2017 12:18 PM MST

I know your type ;)
      March 11, 2017 12:20 PM MST

• You do?? Ohhh how exciting... most people get it badly wrong...but if you know then please do divulge.. I'd be interested to know.. privately or on here..  As I say people very often peg me in the wrong hole entirely...  I rarely make that mistake as I don't peg people unless they give me evidence...  So... do tell... 

LOL and to tell a small story, revealing of myself... I posted it on here in a  blog,  then deleted it.. In my course we once played a game.. we had to make three statements.. 2 false one a lie... I won this game... ok by one point but I won it.. I could tell when people were lying.. I have a *gift* of being able to read people... a little... but few can read me even though I am a very open person.. I find their own preconceptions get in the way of them truly being able to read me... 

So do tell!

I will give you a clue.. I am a virginal lady who sits home alone knitting sweaters for kittens..  lol true or false? right track or not?
      March 11, 2017 12:25 PM MST

• Oh yes...and on the other side of the coin, I've also been greatly disappointed.

It typically takes me 500 milliseconds to make my first impression, but I've been known to still waver at 600 and change my mind at 700
      March 11, 2017 1:16 PM MST

You understand AND honest. I wish I could award extra points.
      March 11, 2017 3:40 PM MST

• Sure. Any number of times. But Isaac Asimov has a better story than any of mine. 

He had to visit a friend in NYC and there were several teen boys lurking at the door of the  building. They looked dangerous and threatening and he held off for a while before trying to bluff his way past them. As he pushed by one laid a hand on his arm and said, "Aren't you Dr Asimov? I've read every one of your books." He went inside, beaming. "Fine American boys," he thought.
      March 11, 2017 3:47 PM MST

I'm a good judge of character but I have certainly been wrong before.  Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar, a fool, or both.
      March 12, 2017 2:46 PM MDT