Active Now

DannyPetti
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What was the first job you ever held?

What was the first job you ever held?

My father had an auto repair business and I remember "helping" him since I was little.
But at sixteen that job paid so bad that I had to go find a realer one.

I found a position selling Lady's shoes. I would take off their shoes, put the new ones on, compliment them on their great taste and listen to anything they wanted to talk about. 

I thought it was a great job, women were nice, the place was air conditioned, and I got to wear a tie!

How bout your first ever real job?
Did you like it?

Are you still doing it???!!

Posted - March 13, 2017

Responses

• Wow really, you kept doing it? If you allow me, that reminds me of myself wanting to be a hair dresser when I was a kid.
    I never became one, but thru the years I still learned how to cut hair and French braidining. Isn't that interesting?
    I wonder how m any hobbies are born that way, you know?
    I wish I felt about landscaping the way you do, tho. Its such a monster chore for me.
    That's a very cool and different aspect of you. 
    Thank you for sharing. 
      March 13, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

• I got the lawnmower out of the shed four days ago. Then it snowed. I was like, hey I tried!
    Pushed it right back in.
    I like the danger of cutting hair. Once you cut it, that's it, its gone. And its on you. Not like cooking, you can spit food out if its horrible, but you can't spit hair back out. You know?
    Thank you for responding WW, I always appreciate your answers.
      March 13, 2017 9:35 PM MDT