Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Do you have a fear of drowning?

Do you have a fear of drowning?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted - March 21, 2017

Responses

• Not exactly a fear of it. I came so close to drowning about 1990 that I should fear it. If his Noodliiness hadn't persuaded a young buy to carry his surf board to a deserted beach that day I wouldn't be here now.

But I also have the knowledge that if I fall in the surf  I will no longer be able to regain my feet. It takes me two weeks and an odd Sunday to stand if I fall on dry land. So no more surf for Didge. Sadly.
      March 21, 2017 9:09 PM MDT

Yes, I can't swim
      March 21, 2017 11:03 PM MDT

• I do, especially as I'm not a great swimmer. But due to having claustrophobia, my fear of suffocating is much stronger. 
      March 21, 2017 11:25 PM MDT

• I can swim well and was a life guard and the ones most likely to drown are those who are good swimmers as overconfidence can rule. So I respect given situations that are a risk I won't make it.
      March 22, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

yes, i almost drowned in the ocean when i was a child, i was at this camp and they took us to the beach and got pulled over by a tidal wave, ive never learned to swim, wonder why
      March 22, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

No, I've drowned before. It's not a big deal. It's actually kinda pleasant, once you stop struggling.
      March 22, 2017 1:53 PM MDT