Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Family » How to handle aunt who never returned text/messages at upcoming function?

How to handle aunt who never returned text/messages at upcoming function?

I have an aunt who had surgery not long ago.. I called her on the fourth day to visit her and then she was released, so never got to.. she did not return my call when I inquired to see her that day. I then sent her a caring , inquiring message on facebook the next month wondering if I could visit her to help her/see her at her home, no reply for weeks, and still no reply. I then texted her when she went back into the hospital last month for just one day with pain, and no reply. It made me feel very low, and sad, seeing her replying to her friends on FB but not me, and to not have acknowledged my text either, it made me feel quite low= now she could be having the thought 'she didn't call me' b/c she is very into the phone, but she has kept me on the phone for HOURS before, talkiing only of herself, and even when I had to go, wouldn't let me. I have NeVER been a phone person, and my inquiries were heartfelt to her even wondering when I could see her- I have an upcoming function to see her daughter soon, and she will be there... I feel very awkward and I'm not feeling a good vibe whatsoever- I don't know how to handle it, or say , it hurt me I never heard anything back... Or just be civil and say hi, and then continue my day.... any tips /ideas welcome...

Posted - March 25, 2017

Responses

if you feel awkward around her maybe you shouldnt go, my family is mostly the same way, they never want to talk to me either
      March 26, 2017 5:37 PM MDT