Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do the bible mention female Angels ? Chapter & Verse please

Do the bible mention female Angels ? Chapter & Verse please

As far as I have been able to research it does not, all the angels I have seen mentioned are male.

The angels that came down to earth and begat the Nephelim on human women must have been male.

In paintings Angels are most often depicted as female (or children) Pictures of adult male angels are rare.

Particularly the Cherubs (Child Angels) are strange, dont angels live forever? With no need generate 'replacements' for themselves. Do they even have organs for procreating ? If we consider the Nephelim to be Angel/Human hybrids they must.

Please enlighten me ;-))

Posted - June 24, 2016

Responses

To my knowledge no female angels are mentioned in the Bible.
      June 24, 2016 4:47 PM MDT

Hello JakobA.

No, the Bible does not mention female Angels. A couple of articles that you may or may not find of interest.

2nd paragraph under Personality:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000277?q=%22It+is+true+that+...

As personalities, angels have the power to communicate with one another (1Co 13:1), the ability to talk various languages of men (Nu 22:32-35; Da 4:23; Ac 10:3-7), and the thinking ability with which to glorify and praise Jehovah (Ps 148:2; Lu 2:13). It is true that angels are sexless, because Jehovah made them so, not because they are impersonal forces. Angels are generally represented as males, and when materializing it was always in the male form, because God and his Son are spoken of as males. However, when certain materialized angels indulged in the pleasure of sex in the days of Noah, they were expelled from Jehovah’s heavenly courts. Here was a display of angelic individuality, for, like humankind, they too are free moral agents, with the power of personal choice between right and wrong. (Ge 6:2, 4; 2Pe 2:4) By personal choice, hordes of angels joined Satan in his rebellion.Re 12:7-9; Mt 25:41.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001070202?q=%22as+well+as+to+va...

Conveying the correct idea of words involving gender. Hebrew and Greek nouns indicate male or female gender, and in Greek, also neuter. At times, though, reflecting the gender of the original-language term may obscure the intended meaning. In both Hebrew and Greek, plural nouns are generally masculine, not only when referring exclusively to males but also when referring to both males and females. For example, though the expression “the sons of Israel” may refer to the 12 sons of Jacob, it more often refers to the entire nation of Israel, both men and women. (Genesis 46:5;Exodus 35:29) So in the revision, this phrase was often rendered “Israelites” to show that it refers to the entire nation. Similarly, the expression “fatherless boy” was rendered “fatherless child” or “orphan” to show that it may refer to a boy or a girl. On the other hand, since the Bible uses the male gender in reference to God and to his Son, as well as to various angels and demons, there is no basis for using genderless terms as is done in some modern translations.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002739?q=%22Angels+are+spirit+creatures%22&p=par

Immortality, incorruption, divine life. The Bible speaks of Jehovah as having immortality and incorruption. (1Ti 1:17) He has granted this first to his Son. At the time the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, Christ was the only one who had been given immortality. (1Ti 6:16) But it is promised to others, those who become Christ’s spiritual brothers. (Ro 2:7; 1Co 15:53, 54) Also, these become partakers of “divine nature”; they share with Christ in his glory. (2Pe 1:4Angels are spirit creatures, but they are not immortal, for those who became wicked demons will be destroyed.Mt 25:41; Lu 4:33, 34; Re 20:10, 14; see IMMORTALITYINCORRUPTION.

June 24, 2016 4:49 PM MDT

June 24, 2016 4:50 PM MDT

I have read the entire Bible and have never seen a reference to a female angel..  All Angels are referenced as Males

Cherubs are Not child Angels .. They are hybrid angels part beast part human... Lucifer an angel was depicted in the Bible as having wings he is therefore was called a cherub..

While angels do not marry or have children with each other..  The Bible talks of a time when Angels left their first estate (heaven) and came down to earth and desired the daughters of men (woman) and took for themselves who they liked and they (the woman) bore them Children who where angel/human hybrids  called Giants, also called sons of Anak .. 

June 24, 2016 10:35 PM MDT

Interesting. I think that the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood as reported in the Bible.

"The faithless spies reported to the Israelites that in Canaan they “saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who are from the Nephilim; so that we became in our own eyes like grasshoppers, and the same way we became in their eyes.” (Nu 13:33) These men of extraordinary size, called the sons of Anak (probably meaning “Long-Necked [that is, of tall stature]”), were not actually Nephilim, as reported, but were only unusually tall men, for the Nephilim, the offspring of angels and women (Ge 6:4), perished in the Flood."

I think that you got Cherubs mixed up with Nephilim?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000945

Cherub

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003223?q=nephilim&p=par

Nephilim

June 25, 2016 12:41 AM MDT

I don´t think so,

The bible demonizes women.

June 25, 2016 12:49 AM MDT

Reread your answer. Scratch that about getting Cherubs mixed up with Nehilim. Where do you get that Cherubs are part beast and part humans? I was not aware that humans and animals could breed?

June 25, 2016 4:40 AM MDT

Cherubim where Created as beast / human hybrid looking Angels.. Sorry i may have mislead some with my terms..  I did say they where hybrids which could confuse people into thinking they where bread to be that way.. No they where created that way.. I was simply trying to describe their appearance as being a mixture of beast and human features...  Most Angels like Michael and Gabriel are Human like in appearance.. That is why the Bible says that some people have encountered Angels and never knew they where talking to Angels because they thought they where humans..

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The word Anakim ( sons of Anak) and Nephilim seem to be interchangeable depending on the source Both are Giants.. These  where the children / descendants of Angel human interbreeding and yes it is speculated that by the time of Noah most of the world population where these hybrid types, it is also speculated that Noah and his family where saved because they where the last pure breed humans.. The Angels did this again after the flood because there where giants ( Sons of Anak ) in the land of Canaan when the Hebrews where freed from Egypt and sent to Canaan to wipe out these giants.. Goliath being the most famous of these Anakim mentioned in the Bible..

June 25, 2016 8:01 AM MDT

Angels are spirits. You can't see them unless they materialize. Ezek was given a vision that depicted the Cherubs with different faces, limbs and such. The Nephilim were wiped out in the flood. The bad report by the faithless 10 spies spoke of their enemies being Nephilim, Joshua and Caleb didn't give the same report as the other 10 spies.

June 25, 2016 10:20 AM MDT

They don't have sex organs.  OKAY????  I don't care what chapter you are on.

They are perceived as spirits.  If you want to call them  men, that is how they appear in your head.  They are supernatural consciousnesses that control and work with  the ELEMENTS, earth, air, fire, water.  They are messengers from and to God.

Forces to be reckoned with in the spiritual.  That does not mean that they cannot aid us, they will not and  cannot have SEX with us. So they don't have to be men or have boobs or any of it.   They know that sex is one of the lower forms of pleasure and used to procreate;  and they have surpassed that need, if they ever had any use for it, and live in eternal bliss.

They can be Yin and Yang force.   They can be that. 

June 25, 2016 10:26 AM MDT

not that i know of but they might

June 25, 2016 6:52 PM MDT

Ummmm... David killed Goliath who was a giant....  really you should take on the full council of the story.. The bad report was that they told the Hebrews they had no chance to defeat the giants,, not that there where giants in the land..

Genesis 6:4 ¶There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Note the ""and After that"" they did wipe out the giants in the flood but the scriptures say that the giants would reappear after those days... that included during the times of the Exodus..

The prophecy of Danil of the end times states that the fallen angels in the end times would also come down to earth and try once again to breed with humans.. This is revealed in the interpretation Danial gave to King Nebuchadnezzar of his dream of the great image.. The feet of this image made of Iron and clay was the last kingdom...

Daniel 2::

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Note when it says """They shall mingle themselves with the seed of men""" This is referring to the Iron mingling with the Clay.. Clay being man for we are made of clay the Iron represents the fallen Angels.. The seeds of men is the mankind. So they are not humans who shall be seeking to interbreed with mankind.. But as the Bible says they shall fail in this.. Because they will not be able to cleave one to another.

June 25, 2016 10:15 PM MDT

It doesn't say that Goliath was a Nephilim. 

Gen 6:4 doesn't say 'and after the flood'.

Dan 2:43 is about Kingdoms. If I am not mistaken, the clay represents the seed of men the they represents the Kingdoms, yes?

(Daniel 2:36-44) “This is the dream, and we will now tell the king its interpretation. 37 You, O king—the king of kings to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the might, the strength, and the glory, 38 and into whose hand he has given men wherever they may dwell, as well as the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens, and whom he has made ruler over all of them—you yourself are the head of gold. 39 “But after you another kingdom will rise, inferior to you; then another kingdom, a third one, of copper, that will rule over the whole earth. 40 “As for the fourth kingdom, it will be strong like iron. For just as iron crushes and pulverizes everything else, yes, like iron that shatters, it will crush and shatter all of these. 41 “And just as you saw the feet and the toes to be partly of clay of a potter and partly of iron, the kingdom will be divided, but some of the hardness of iron will be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with soft clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile. 43 Just as you saw iron mixed with soft clay, they will be mixed with the people; but they will not stick together, one to the other, just as iron does not mix with clay. 44 “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever,

June 26, 2016 2:05 AM MDT

Hoe can a state country empire mix with the seeds of men??  How can a kingdom have sexual relations and have children with men..  I makes not sence with the interpretation you are using..

Even the NWT declares the sons of Anak to be decendants of the nephilim

Numbers 13 NWT

33  And there we saw the Nephʹi·lim, the sons of Aʹnak,+ who are from* the Nephʹi·lim, and in comparison we seemed like grasshoppers, both to us and to them.”

June 26, 2016 6:13 AM MDT

If they don't stick together, how do they make a baby? When Jesus speaks of sheep and goats, is he speaking of farm animals? We have world wide internet and video today, yes? Seen any giant hybrid Nephilim in the news lately?

The image in Daniels dream in Daniel 2 corresponds with the beast in Daniel 8. Clay does not mix with iron.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012443?q=clay+iron&p=par

June 26, 2016 6:22 AM MDT

""""Seen any giant hybrid Nephilim in the news lately?""""

Thats my point,, I quoted the bible that says they shall not cleave together. So the attempt to create modern day sons of Anak will fail...

June 26, 2016 6:29 AM MDT

So are you saying that in the time of the end that angels will come down and have sex with women but not have offspring? If that is what the Bible is telling us, what are we supposed to do about it? How does it affect us? What is the point of that verse?

(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,

June 26, 2016 7:28 AM MDT

""""So are you saying that in the time of the end that angels will come down and have sex with women but not have offspring? If that is what the Bible is telling us, what are we supposed to do about it? How does it affect us? What is the point of that verse?"""""

The Book of Revelation states that at the end times satan and his angels shall war in heaven against Micheal and His Angels and they ( satan and his angels ) shall be cast out of heaven and down to earth and satan shall be greatly angered because he will know his time is short..   So yeah satan and his angels will be coming down to earth in the last days and their human agents shall perform great lying signs and wonders to deceive the people of earth in the final great deception.. From what the scriptures say they shall try to cleave.. that may entail simple sexual attempts of some form of artificial insemination??? But they shall fail..

Revelation 12: KJV

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

End times satanic deception::

2 Thessolonians 2 : KJV

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

So the wicked one.. The anti-christ .. will perform great signs and wonders to deceive the people on the earth and God also sends these people strong delusions to make sure they are deceived by the lying signs and wonders because they have rejected the Love of the truth which is the message of God ie the Gospel but they has joy in unrighteousness.. So the Key to being protected from the great deception will be accepting the love of the truth.. Those who accept the truth from god shall be guarded from deception.. Security can only be had by accepting the Atonement of the Messiah Jesus for the forgiveness of ones transgressions against God..

June 26, 2016 8:08 AM MDT

So they go by "gender identity". As some want to let LGBTs do today. It should be an easy law to get passed, with such a precedent :-))

June 26, 2016 1:53 PM MDT

I am not talking about when the Nephelim were wiped out, but where they came from. Angels visiting with human women. Genesis 6.4

June 26, 2016 2:14 PM MDT

They are called Cherubs, and they sure look like small children in a lot of pictures ;-))

June 26, 2016 2:37 PM MDT

Hello JakobA. This is a confusing forum. If your #4 is in reply to my #3, my #3 was actually a comment to AdamAPAD's #2 comment.

June 26, 2016 3:10 PM MDT

My reply is to your level4 comment where you stress that all Nephelim were killed in the flood. That comment respond to a common confusion caused by the word Nephelim being Used in connection with events long after the flood, But it is entirely irrelevant in the current question which is about the sex of angels.

June 26, 2016 4:30 PM MDT

My comment 4 wasn't meant to answer the question about the sex of angels. My answer to your question did that hence my number 4 comment was directly addressed to the context of the number 3 comment and the context therein. 

June 26, 2016 7:58 PM MDT