Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » 80 Dead in France attack. Anyone else at a loss for words?

80 Dead in France attack. Anyone else at a loss for words?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/14/nice-bastille-day-france-attack-promenade-des-anglais-vehicle

Posted - July 14, 2016

Responses

Not me.. The words are true islam and Jihad.. 

Actually i don't understand why people would be shocked anymore.. This is a regular happening now..

July 14, 2016 9:17 PM MDT

• Can't believe it's happening in France again. Will not be surprised at all if ISIS takes credit. 

July 14, 2016 9:30 PM MDT

It's horrible. My thoughts are with the victims and their families. A day of joy was turned into cruelty and sadness by cruel terrorists with no consciousness at all. Unfortunately it will only help the right wingers in the western societies to spread their islamophobia, painting an evil picture of all Muslims. It is what the terrorists aim at, to create a larger gap between the civilised people of the religions. They want the religious war, or they won't have any space to operate in. We do already see how the first right wingers have started to use this for their propaganda to spread hatred. It's a sad day.
      July 14, 2016 9:46 PM MDT

• No, I have a lot of words to say that violate TOS.

July 14, 2016 9:52 PM MDT

• #loveisloveisloveislove

July 14, 2016 9:52 PM MDT

The Swedish police have the answer,, WRISTBANDS :D   They have solved the Swedish rape crisis by telling their young woman to wear wristbands asking men not to rape them , Soo i am sure the leftist PC leadership of France will finally put an and to all terrorism by making up a wristband for all their citizens telling muslims not to wage Jihad against them..   Problem Solved 

July 14, 2016 10:11 PM MDT

I am crying .

So absolutely horrendous.  Senseless.

July 14, 2016 10:12 PM MDT

They did.

July 14, 2016 10:13 PM MDT

#repeatingaliedoesnotmakeittrue
      July 14, 2016 10:54 PM MDT

July 14, 2016 10:59 PM MDT

I am amazed Obama has not made a speech against "redneck"" truckers and how trucks should be banned...   Yes truck free zones.. thats the answer make all french cities truck free zones...

July 14, 2016 11:33 PM MDT

Only these words:

There is no excuse...but there are reasons. So long as people in the United States and Europe refuse to acknowledge (or even ridicule) those reasons, we'll continue to be shocked...SHOCKED when violence like this occurs.

July 14, 2016 11:46 PM MDT

Having a jolly good time right now, Adam? Showing your Christian empathy with the victims, treating them with respect? Smh.
      July 14, 2016 11:53 PM MDT
  • D&D

In Nice.

July 14, 2016 11:56 PM MDT

Do I mention Islam here? I'm talking about his Christianity. He has made no secret out of it, that he sees himself as a Christian. It's all I'm commenting on in the reply to him, that you are commenting on right here. Seems being a joke to you with this little lol you end your comment with. Smh.
      July 15, 2016 12:30 AM MDT

My bad. Doesn't change my comments on his Christianity or you taking it like a joke with you little lol. Over and out.
      July 15, 2016 12:41 AM MDT

It may sound crass and unfeeling but I am not at a loss ,but I am saddened for the victms and their loved ones. It has happened too many times and I don't see much chance of it stopping :(

July 15, 2016 3:23 AM MDT

I pray for their families and for our weary world.

July 15, 2016 4:01 AM MDT

@ AI

His name is Barack Hussein Obama and he declared that he would defend islam in a speech in Egypt early on in his presidency..

So of course he will never mention islam when muslims carry out a jihad operation..

July 15, 2016 6:56 AM MDT

Oh and do not worry about the comments of SapphicHeart she is a false accuser who tries to use the pathetic "shaming tactics" that a lot of her kind of people use when they have absolutely nothing else to argue with..  If they cannot attack the point someone else made they then turn around and attack the person making the comment..

July 15, 2016 6:59 AM MDT

Not at a loss. ISIS has been calling for these kind of attacks for awhile now.

Guess the investigation will reveal if this guy was ISIS or just crazy.

The thing that was a surprise was the French PM telling people to get used to it. Seems they realize it will be very difficult to prevent these types of attacks.

July 15, 2016 7:03 AM MDT

• SapphicHeart... nah I can't speak for Adam but I'd rather have no empathy than look at terrorists as an interest group like most liberals.

July 15, 2016 8:13 AM MDT

• No I am not surprised. I was a little mad that I woke up to yet even more people dying. I can't say that's what I wanted to see but it's not surprising. ISIS a LONG time ago called for lone wolf attacks using "any weapon available" so I mean we have to see it coming from a mile away.

The area the person attacked was a tourist area. You can't tell me that is accidental (not that you are telling me that just saying.)

July 15, 2016 8:14 AM MDT

I am just hearing about this news event and it's one that has me in tears.  I cannot get the images out of my head.  

My thoughts and prayers are with those families.  

July 15, 2016 9:51 AM MDT