Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Have you ever trained a pet to do tricks?

Have you ever trained a pet to do tricks?

What sort of pet? How did you go about it?

Posted - April 1, 2017

Responses

• And, cats being what they are, I'm sure your cat appreciates it. :)
      April 3, 2017 3:15 PM MDT

• He does though, of his own accord, sometimes entertain me.
      April 3, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

• I've never been able to teach any of our pets to do tricks, I feel like I've accomplished something when they achieve potty training.  I can't even teach them to stay off my pillow at night, every night I have to haul a big lump of fur who tries to pretend it's sleeping off my pillow.
      April 2, 2017 10:28 PM MDT

• Aww, you're a meanie. That's just affection. 

One night I forgot to close the kitchen door and next morning I woke when my little dog jumped onto my bed and was tiptoeing up toward the head with a very sheepish expression on her face. She was practically saying, "Hey, Didge, I'm not gonna get into trouble am eye?" I hadn't realised a dog could tiptoe till then. It was very funny.
      April 3, 2017 2:49 PM MDT

• I usually end up with my head on a corner of the pillow and the creature gets the rest crikey I have to sleep somewhere.  We used to have a Chihuahua who would snap at me when I tried to get into bed, her face came so close to me I could feel a small draught from those wicked little teeth as they snapped shut just an inch from my face.

I've never see a dog tiptoe either that must have been hilarious.
      April 4, 2017 10:43 PM MDT

• One of those never-to-be-forgotten moments. She had me in stitches. And, yeah, some Chihuahuas can be very snappy. 
      April 5, 2017 12:19 AM MDT

My cat sits and gives me a paw for bikkies.

I also take her on a lead for walkies.

I've not got her to say woof yet. 
      April 3, 2017 3:02 PM MDT

• She's not bilingual, then? 
      April 3, 2017 3:15 PM MDT

Ummm maybe maybe Didge;))
      April 4, 2017 10:50 PM MDT

• That is one very well groomed dog. :)
      April 5, 2017 12:20 AM MDT