Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Did you ever take Tamsulosin before, for kidney stone, and how did it work?

Did you ever take Tamsulosin before, for kidney stone, and how did it work?

Did it take a while to pass the stone on this med? My sister is diabetic and thinks she may have a stone, her dr. put her on this med, but she is still in pain now. Any tips or experiences welcome..

Posted - April 3, 2017

Responses

• No personal experience with kidney stones but watched my father and a few friends have them.   Based on that she is gonna be in pain for awhile.  Really no way around it until it passes.
      April 3, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

• Take two TBSP fresh lemon juice with two TBSP olive oil every few hours. Adding a T of apple cider vinegar with the mother is also helpful. I know...I have been there and done that and it really works.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention drinking water after you take the LJ and OO. You really don't need the ACV but it does help to dissolve the stones...and contrary to medical training avoid calcium supplements.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2017 1:38 PM MDT
      April 3, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

ive never had kidney stones but ive had gallstones, and i ended up in the operating room cause of them
      April 3, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

• Pickle juice is excellent when having a GB attack...that worked for me.
      April 3, 2017 4:07 PM MDT

• I watched my husband battle a kidney stone for two weeks until the doctor finally did a dye test and found out that it had moved and caused a blockage and his kidney had shut down.  Then it was an emergency because he could have gone into toxic shock and died within hours.

Your sister should go to a urologist ASAP kidney stones do not always pass by themselves and if they don't it can be life threatening.
      April 4, 2017 11:35 PM MDT

Oh wow, I'm so sorry.. SO glad he was ok that they did the dye test. I will let her know Yoga, ty. Her pain has diminished which is great, but, still coming off/on. Thank you again for this info
      April 5, 2017 9:13 AM MDT

• If she still has pain then it could mean that the stone has just moved but she should go to a urologist to find out what is going on.  It's not something to mess around with.
      April 5, 2017 9:15 PM MDT