Active Now

DannyPetti
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Humans did not perform well. They blew it! Earth is now known as the Planet of the Apes/Robots/Walking Dead. Which is preferable? Why?

Humans did not perform well. They blew it! Earth is now known as the Planet of the Apes/Robots/Walking Dead. Which is preferable? Why?

Posted - April 4, 2017

Responses

• I'm waiting for walking dead robotic apes.
      April 4, 2017 8:06 AM MDT

((hugs)) You and I clearly share something specific whistle. Decision-making when there are multiple attractive choices! Choose all of them and how can you go wrong?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 5, 2017 5:55 AM MDT

I prefer the planet of the robots because I do a pretty impressive robot dance so I will be real popular when the robots take over the World. Cheers!
      April 4, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

Boy oh boy I'd sure like to you in dance mode Nanoose! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 5, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

• I'd take the zombies.   No contest.
      April 4, 2017 11:45 AM MDT

Me too, and Rick Grimes and the rest of his group will save us all.
      April 4, 2017 4:37 PM MDT

• Rick Grimes screws up way too much.
      April 4, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

I aready have it planned out if we have a Zombie attack.
      April 4, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Glis and Happy Wednesday!. I wonder what it "feels" like to be a robot? I think apes are nearly human so it wouldn't be much different. Zombies? I dunno. I've never seen one that is attractive. Have you?  R2D2 and 3 CPO had a certain charm. I see no charm  in Zombies. :)
      April 5, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

• Zombies would be easiest to control  and deal with.
    Robots are emotionless and just things but they are made of metal and have laser beams.  Too hard to fight.
    Apes are way too strong and fast.  I large numbers they are to hard to fight.

Zombies are slow and falling apart and there is no personal conflict in destroying them any way possible.
      April 5, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

Sadly I think many alleged humans are already robots. Intellectually they "think" by rote having been programmed with their dogma by their "handlers". Emotionally  they feel nothing for anyone other than their political "SAVIOR" whom they anoint and then follow like puppy dogs quietly/obediently/dependably. Thank you for your explanation Glis! :)
      April 5, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

If humans have messed the planet up, I'd choose apes, we certainly do not want to leave any remnants of our technology here.  Modern humans have lived on the earth 200,000 years, only in the last 6,000 has so called "civilisation"sprung up, and industrialisation since the 1800's, what a mess we've made in such a short space of time, and they call this progress? We are so out of touch with each other and this planet, we killed most of the indigenous people who lived in harmony with the land, earth is bound to shake us off at some point.
      April 4, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

• But yet you use and benefit from the progress of medicine, technology and science.  What does it mean to "live in harmony with the land"?
      April 4, 2017 4:14 PM MDT

We lived for 200,000 years without medicine, many nomad and indigenous tribes already knew the benefits of herbal medicine, we do not have any medicines today that have not come from this planet i.e natural resources.  Man use to live off the land, they spent less time working than they do today, they simply hunted for food, so with regards to time spent with family who has the better quality of life? 
    Because we settled and ploughed the land, that land then became susceptible to take over, and whoever owns the land and the crops owns the people. We also domesticated grasses and animals, civilisation may just mean domestication, we after all have domesticated ourselves into thinking that working a forty hour week, with a possible two days off a week, for the next 65 to 70 years is freedom.  Because we settled and started building permanent homes, the population grew, hence more demand on land, more crops, more permanent homes, more concrete.  Because there is so many of us in such close proximity we actually get sicker and that sickness spreads quicker, with illnesses mutating all the time.
      April 4, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

• Your first sentence contradicts itself. The next time your seriously ill don't avail yourself of modern pharmaceuticals just take some herbs. Ask your dentist to proceed without analgesics. If you develop a heart condition do not undergo surgery.  Nomads did not conquer small pox or polio.  Can you support your second sentence?  Do you propose 7 billion people could live as hunter/ gathers?   If you oppose concrete and permeant homes, are you living in a cloth or skin tent?  Do you make use of grocery stores?  Who has the better quality of life?  We do by far.  If you do not think this so then give up electricity, safe water piped into your home, give up antibiotics, analgesics, and a secure food supply. Do not use central heating or cooling, efficient transportation.
      April 4, 2017 5:03 PM MDT

Your question didn't ask how should we prevent blowing it, your question stated "we'd blown it." Hence, I was pointing out how we had lived on the earth for over 200,000 years and it is only in the last 6,000 that we blew it because civilisation has landed us here. You said we have blown it, what did you mean by this if you are defending the way we live today?

As it stands living in the environment we live in, where we are in close proximity, working 40 hours a week for 65 - 70 years of our lives, in concrete boxes on top of each other, paying council taxes, income taxes, car taxes, MOT, home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, pet insurance, TV licenses, Mortgages, gas, electric and water bills,  I am going to take the medicine. Its no secret that disease spreads when people live in close proximity. I have no choice to live how I want because as you may know there are people that "own" the land. Land is normally inherited and kept amongst an elite few not given to serfs.

You know the American Indians lived well off the land, they used every part of the buffalo, European settlers brought small pox to them, which wiped the majority of them out, and then the Europeans killed all their buffalo to starve them out.  Ironically the people escaped to America for freedom and independence and yet they are in no better situation than the serfs in any other country, even cattle are fed and receive health care.

I am only allowed to wear my loin cloth on dress down Fridays. This post was edited by Pepper Pot at April 5, 2017 9:02 AM MDT
      April 4, 2017 6:58 PM MDT

• The question is not mine,  You'd have to ask Rosie about her meaning in, "we've blown it".  Your description of the American Indian may be dubious often referred to as the Myth of the Beautiful People.  And yes, I hold we are way better of than previous generations.  Even with all the problems we face.
      April 4, 2017 8:15 PM MDT

On one hand I enjoy the modern conveniences and love my computers. On the other hand, people have gotten so lazy and can't even do much for themselves anymore. I have a lot of respect for the people way back in the old days who had to make their own clothes and grow/hunt for their own food and they were probably a lot tougher, too. They generally didn't live as long, but atleast they made the most of life. They also made some really cool furniture, not like the cheap crap we have now.
      April 4, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

I would settle for having humans  figure out that  WORKING TOGETHER and not WORKING AGAINST ONE  ANOTHER is more intelligent. That wars are never the answer. That Hate only promulgates more hate and no one ever wins.  Whether we are talented/industrious enough to grow our own food or make our own clothes isn't what bothers me. It is how we treat one another. Racism/ Bigotry/ Misogyny/Anti-Semitism are all dumb. All negative. All harmful. Yet people embrace them as if they are a lifeline. That is very stupid. In my opinion. Just my 2 cents' worth Patch! Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 5, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

Yup! Hallelulah! You get my point. We have had more than enough time to figure things out, get our act together and start ACTING, THINKING, FEELING like human beings. How much time do you waste on a species that is so slow intellectually, crippled emotionally and selfish generally? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Wednesday to thee Pepper P! Of course not EVERY human being has been disappointing. Here and there through centuries there have been very humane humans. Why it didn't catch on I don't know!  :(
      April 5, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

• If/when humans finally run themselves to extinction, none of the three options is really likely. Apes would need many thousands of years to evolve their brains, robots would still have to be developed to be self-aware and walking dead are a myth. 
    It is more likely insects will become dominant in the short term. 
    Since I would be among the extinct, I have no preference at all what becomes the next dominant species, assuming our failed custodianship of the earth actually leaves the place inhabitable at all. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 5, 2017 9:02 AM MDT
      April 4, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

• We aren't the dominate life form.  Bacteria and protozoa own us.    Humans and all mutli-cell life forms exist to serve our single celled masters. We will always be at there mercy.  Viruses too but it's debatable if they  constitute a living organism.
      April 4, 2017 11:32 PM MDT

• When a single species of bacteria or virus physically change the landscape, impose the mass extinction of other species, and alter and manipulate the environment to the extent that humans do, I will agree with that statement.
    We are currently, without peer, the single most dominant species on the planet. Maybe the first to inflict its own annihilation.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 5, 2017 6:14 AM MDT
      April 5, 2017 4:26 AM MDT

• We are nothing.  That all means nothing.  
    Same could be said for beavers.
      April 5, 2017 5:26 AM MDT