Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Imagine a single species of animal* that has the top 5 examples of super intelligence of existing animals* . . .

Imagine a single species of animal* that has the top 5 examples of super intelligence of existing animals* . . .

If you were to select 5 traits of superior intelligence from 1 each of the 5 smartest species of animals* on the planet and could combine them all into the brain of one single species/being, which 5 animals* would you select, and what are their 5 separate traits of superior intelligence?

*Excluding the human animal.

Companion question to: http://answermug.com/forums/topic/27308/imagine-a-single-species-of-animal-that-has-the-top-5-examples/view/post_id/243871

~

Posted - April 9, 2017

Responses

*The chimpanzees because they can go vegetarian along with eating meat.  They can walk on two legs if need be.  They can make tools and they can catch water
    *The bottlenose dolphins because they can swim exceedingly well.  This talent comes in handy since our planet is pretty much covered by water.  They have the ability to learn vocal skills and do so among themselves.  They are great team players and work well to help injured or nurse others back to health.  They work well with humans and care for one another.  They can problem solve.
    *The octopus can also work a problem and solve it.  It has the largest brain of the invertebrate.  It has about 130 million neurons in its brain.  However, three-fifths of the octopuses neuron are not in its brain but in its arms.  Each arm has a mind of its own, so to speak, and if cut off (the octopus will grow it back) the arm may wander off and grab something to eat as if it were still attached!  Now, that IS a talent I would like to have!
    *The elephant because they have a huge ability to learn and are also very social animals.  They are compassionate for one another and have great communication skills.  They do so with seismic signals.  We could learn that from them :)
    *The crow has the incredible ability to problem solve and are very loyal to their friends.  They have an extremely large vocabulary.  If and when you have an opportunity, you should befriend one.  I have a wild/pet crow named Crawford who has followed me around for years.  We have a great friendship.  Sometimes, I swear, he brings me little gifts.  

I wish I could have had six.  It was tough to leave out African Grey Parrot. This post was edited by Merlin at April 10, 2017 3:23 AM MDT
      April 9, 2017 6:24 PM MDT

This is a GREAT answer, thanks!

:)
      April 9, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

Thanks Randy D :)  That means a lot coming from you! :) :)
      April 9, 2017 9:45 PM MDT