Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » One of the wisest, savvy AM member decided to close his account, is this beginning of a new trend?

One of the wisest, savvy AM member decided to close his account, is this beginning of a new trend?

just now my2cents informed that Didge has closed his account, to a query I just made. A versatile, astute questioner has left a huge void. Nowadays, I have to go on a search and seek questions  which appeal, which are thought provoking. When my attempts turn futile I decide to frame a few of my own and await responses for  them. Has AM decided that it is not for ALL?

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

I'm wouldn't think one member closing an account would be the start of a new trend. I and others here as well have come and gone from this site as well as the bag and no one has mugged as long as I have... Unless there is something underlying here that I'm not catching.
      April 20, 2017 8:16 PM MDT

Ok Wey, I know it doesn't matter if one person leaves, let us  hope it doesn't discourage others.
      April 20, 2017 8:28 PM MDT

It does matter when one person leaves. Each person here is important, especially those who contribute a lot. 

Of course I know nothing of the specifics but I have always supported individuality, even though the community is important, we are still all individuals. 

As I have said, I don't know any specifics but I did not mean to imply one person isn't important. 
      April 20, 2017 9:25 PM MDT

Sorry Wey, was in a hurry to go out and maybe I didn't read it well. Returned now. It is almost 11 pm now thought I will login for a few minutes, 
      April 20, 2017 11:54 PM MDT

• john Dunne once wrote
    no man is an island unto themselves
    each person's death diminishes me
    so ask not for whom the bell tolls
    it tolls for thee

it affects us all
      April 21, 2017 12:05 AM MDT

Why are we talking of death Di;))
      April 21, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

I responded WW, please see that thread.
      April 20, 2017 8:26 PM MDT

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

Thank you, WingedWonder.
      April 20, 2017 8:44 PM MDT

• Let's here it for the boy.
      April 20, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

Ha ha never saw Winged wonder losing his temper...sorry if I flared tempers up...!
    I have a very soft corner for Didge, seeing him just leaving, was too much for me;((
      April 20, 2017 11:58 PM MDT

No, sweet Veena. You shouldn't feel sorry. If a gentle, and caring person as you is opening their mouth in the way you do here, it should be a signal and a concern.
      April 21, 2017 2:50 AM MDT

Hi SapphicHeart, first of all thank you for your warm words....problem is I speak from my heart, I think with my heart too, many may shy away asking a question like this,because it might be disliked by a few, but I always believe in speaking my mind, doesn't matter if there are repurcusionÅ›, my conscience is devoid of guilt, that is what matters in the end.
      April 21, 2017 4:46 PM MDT

I love your approach. Never change. 
      April 21, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

I won't,..thank U;))
      April 21, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

•   April 21, 2017 12:09 AM MDT

I'm happy I caused you both happiness!
      April 21, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

From what I hear around in the corners, you are missing out some vital points in your remarks above. I am not surprised with either of the two persons leaving.

A huge part of the issue is inconsistent censorship, not same standards shown to everyone, no matter subject discussed, or persons involved. That kind of moderation causes frustrations first, apathy next, and will eventually make us disappear without further notice. I think it's not a question about what is shared, but how and where.

Then again, I might be wrong and not able to decipher the jungle drums wrongly. We will see more departures in the coming future if not something is done. One might say, it's okay and the life of a site. True. Happens to be my friends though, and what I believe to be positive contributors in the past. 

To me People need to stop being a bunch of big damn easily offended needy babies greedy babies is offending, but then again, you might as well count me into to this group. 
      April 21, 2017 1:59 AM MDT

I don't care about the complaints. I care about feelings. I care about the frustrations shared with me, across a wider range of very different members here. I think I tried to bring my point in my first reply. I can't make it any more direct without violating TOS. Turning contributing members concerns into down right petty is one option. Let's just keep ignoring, and keep on with stuff as if everything is a okay.

I have adjusted, I did last already last Sunday. 
      April 21, 2017 2:41 AM MDT

I'm glad you are a happy person, you deserve all the happiness you can get. You might, unaware be scratching one corner of the issues. But only half of it. A well-functioning adultMug would make life easier for a lot around here, both the ones using it as the ones who does not appreciate the lighthearted banters going on inside some of the threads here. I doubt we would ever have met the sweet Veena though. So,good and bad it isn't running. The other half will be much more essential though, and is the inconsistency in use of censorship, and interpretation of TOS. The mixture of both is a lethal one, and we will see more good members leaving. Correction, what I believe are good members.
      April 21, 2017 3:04 AM MDT

I never doubt in your love WW, and hope you never doubt in mine.
      April 21, 2017 4:01 AM MDT

SapphicHeart you are heroic.....I like the way you think, the way you project your ideas.
    This post was edited by Veena.K at April 22, 2017 7:15 AM MDT
      April 21, 2017 4:50 PM MDT

Oh. What did I say that I am not aware of?
      April 21, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

Been reading your comments here;))
      April 21, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

Felt I had to say them. To create some perspective. Thank you.
      April 21, 2017 5:15 PM MDT