Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How much do you think it costs American tax payers to quench Trumps cola thirst?

How much do you think it costs American tax payers to quench Trumps cola thirst?

Apparently Trump has a button in his desk and every time he presses it a butler brings him a coke. I bet it costs tax payers $500 a week for that. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - April 28, 2017

Responses

US Presidents pay for their own food and personal expenses. If the butler is there anyway, then I don't think there is an added cost.
      April 28, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

Every president has access to the same White House service staff. Why are you singling out President Trump? If you've never seen it, watch Lee Daniels "The Butler" about a man who worked in the White House under Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, and Reagan. Excellent film.
      April 28, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

Easy answer here Stu, it is a witch hunt.
      April 28, 2017 9:46 PM MDT

Also Stu, "The Butler" is available on Netflix and I just added it to my watch list. Thank you for that.
      April 28, 2017 9:49 PM MDT

probably a lot, not sure of the dollar amount
      April 28, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

I heard something about a line of coke every time a button is pushed; could be just a rumor tho, so please don't repeat this.

In all seriousness, if taxpayers get anything done for only $500 a week, it is probably a bargain. Sadly many in the corporate and political world live in a different reality than the rest of us. Here is a link to a story where a hospital charged $500 for a Tylenol.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/the-pulse/62231-inside-the-complicated-world-of-medical-billing

April 28, 2017 9:45 PM MDT