Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Why are the best people leaving this site?

Why are the best people leaving this site?

Posted - April 29, 2017

Responses

Unless you are leaving this site as well, what is your opinion of those of us (yourself included) that choose to stay?
      April 29, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

Good Morning Tom~ A very diplomatic approach in your answer.  I like your style on this one!  (Taking mental note.)  Have a great Saturday!  
      April 29, 2017 10:51 AM MDT

Thank you, you also..
      April 29, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

Sites like this one seem to be going the way of the dinosaur. Most sites like this one aren't very busy and lack a fan base. All we are looking for is a great website that's diverse and BUSY.
      April 29, 2017 10:47 AM MDT

Knuckle Bump back at cha Zack!  I didn't know it was going way-side.  I like it here. Happy Saturday! ;) :)
      April 29, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

Hi Louie~  I read this question and thought you were very ingenious.  Take your name and add a tune....
    "Ahh Louie, Louie,
    OOhhhhh Yaaa,
    Me Gotta Go...
    A Ya ya Ya ya ya ya ya!
    Very Clever!

I do see some of my friends have gone.  I know it wasn't because of this site or what makes this site cool and fun.  It was because of circumstances in the real world that need attention.
    I guess I'm not one of the best because until it shuts down by choice, I am not leaving.  I do have to take a break from time to time.  Many of us do have lives other than playing with friends and answering very entertaining and fun questions as we do on answerMug.

I hope you stay Louie.  AnswerMug can be very educational at times and it certainly attracts a great diversity of great people.  That is what I feel is one of the huge benefits of it.  I like the normal side and the adult side and have met many great people here.  I hope and know others feel the same.
    Have a great Saturday and see you on another question soon, I hope. :) :) 
      April 29, 2017 10:59 AM MDT

some like their Pizza
    with everything on it...
    ...some don't
      April 29, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

Perfect!
      May 1, 2017 10:25 PM MDT

People have left? To be honest, I haven't really noticed.  If anything, I notice the few that that are STILL here and once THEY leave, it will then be memorable. 
      April 29, 2017 1:50 PM MDT

ive wondered the same thing, theres someone on here that i really liked and wondered why shes not here lately
      April 29, 2017 2:56 PM MDT

• There has been some parting of ways, it appears. It's a bit sad on one hand, and a bit ironic on another. Kind of like when your best friend who you hung out with every day during grade school recess suddenly tells you they're moving away and will be going to a different school. You know it's happening, but just need to enjoy the last days. Knowing that when Monday comes, even with all those other kids, running, playing kick ball, laughing; suddenly a lonely place. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at May 2, 2017 7:27 AM MDT
      April 29, 2017 4:07 PM MDT

Anecdote---Many years ago (35+), I was having dinner at a Steak and Ale Restaurant.  I was a regular customer at the time---at least twice a week---and ate only one of two entrees when I was there; and I knew pretty much all of the waiters and waitresses.  

That particular night there was a special which included the salad bar, a small steak, a baked potato, and an ear of corn. Two older couples were seated at a table close to mine.  All four ordered the special.  The waiter told them that they had inadvertently run out of corn and would substitute another vegetable of their choice. One woman became incensed and stated that she would simply not order anything.  She did not.

As I passed the waiter in the hall shortly thereafter, I looked at him, smiled and remarked, "Boy, she sure showed you didn't she?"  We both cracked up.

Sometimes, if you have strong preferences for something, nothing else will be quite as satisfying in the short run---but isn't starving yourself perhaps a bit of an over-reaction.

It would be for me, but I judge no one else.
      April 29, 2017 4:36 PM MDT

All the best people might be leaving but don't worry, I'm still here!
      April 29, 2017 5:58 PM MDT

Here is the reasons Didge left:

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/27994/nostalgia-time-take-nine/view/page/1
    Benedict Arnold (AKA Didge)
    I haven't been here as often. 

Even by-passing the daily surge of hate posts about Trump, there's been so much sexual innuendo recently -- both gifs and text -- that aM has lost its shine. Sex is fun and with a little subtlety can add a quality to a site like this, but so many posts have been as classy as a small boy writing naughty words on a lavatory wall. If we want to post that sort of stuff, surely it could go in adultMug.

I hope we can get back to where we were a few months ago. It was a very pleasant site to visit. 

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/28090/one-of-the-wisest-savvy-am-member-decided-to-close-his-account/view/post_id/252024
      April 30, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

Who are the best people?
      May 1, 2017 10:28 PM MDT