Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Professional Bloggers seem to be multiplying rapidly. Used to be you had to write something, get it published. No longer. Is this a GOOD?

Professional Bloggers seem to be multiplying rapidly. Used to be you had to write something, get it published. No longer. Is this a GOOD?

All kinds of blogs. All kinds of bloggers. Some do nothing but rant and bit** and moan and groan and attack. Others are interested in specific things and so they specialize. They can get what they have to say out on the cheap. Just turn on the computer and say what you want to say. Someone will find you and forward you and then you're set. It used to be a lot harder to get a following. Now? It's so easy peasy breezy . Too bad or I'm glad? Why?

Posted - April 30, 2017

Responses

• To be honest with you Rosie? I think I've read maybe 6 blogs in my life. Best one I read was Didge's when his dog passed away. But I do agree with you about them. Some I've read were interesting but most are too long and boring. I'll stick to reading books! Much more entertaining.
      April 30, 2017 6:52 AM MDT

I miss Didge. Now there was a man who can write 
      April 30, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

• You should read his book! It's pretty darn good!
      April 30, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

I'd rather have him back here, but I have no doubt his book is great  :)
      April 30, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

Here's the backstory to my question m'dear. I happened upon a blog in my occasional meanderings the other day that was dedicated to the putdown/takedown of a blogger's professor. It went on and on and on and on and on and on and on. A real jacka** blogger. I felt like joining in and putting him down. Obsessive/repetitive/infantile/juvenile. Apparently the professor didn't do cartwheels over this guy so what does he do? Geez I was disgusted. I think some blogs could be very helpful if they are about sharing specific information. Like how to take care of cats or grow vegetable or whatever. But when you do an endless rant about a person that is self-servingly vindictive and you go on and on paragraph after paragraph it makes me wonder what folks would think that was nifty about him and his whining? I kept reading because I couldn't believe the level of stupidity this guy was exhibiting. I finally gave up. It was endless. Now maybe that was an anomaly. Maybe most blogs do have a positive purpose. I dunno. So I asked this question. Thank you for your reply Rooster. I get enough of what people think when I read their answers to my questions. That's why I ask them. I don't need to go meandering around in areas that are not of interest to me. I don't know if that guy has any fans or a following. I just wonder how many of THEM there are out there like him? Nothing substantive to contribute. Just an endless litany of complaints about who did what to them when and how unfair it was! Geez!
      May 2, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

Bloggers aren't my thing, Like Rooster I find most of them boring. I'd add twaddle. But I think it's part of a fad for *reality* shows... ordinary people trying to be famous...
      April 30, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

My reply to Rooster will give you the backstory to why I asked this question Addb . Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 2, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

it probably depends on what theyre writing
      May 1, 2017 3:48 PM MDT

I have never written a Blog on this site, I did a few on Experience Project which shut down last year.
      May 7, 2017 1:09 PM MDT