Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How come, I am older and wiser, have a *better* job but am tireder and poorer than ever? Is there some reason for this?

How come, I am older and wiser, have a *better* job but am tireder and poorer than ever? Is there some reason for this?

Maybe there's a conspiracy theory that fits this... I work just as hard, if not more so... certainly there's more stress and responsibility.... it's a more respected job... and I am as wise as a wise thing... so something's keeping me poor I think :P  Maybe some secret government agency is stealing all my money and hypnotising me so I don't notice.. maybe I am being hypnotised and made to work twice as long and I don't know it... 

Posted - May 4, 2017

Responses

Higher taxes?
    Inflation?
    Too much mugging at work?
      May 4, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

LOL i might quite like being mugged at work...depending on who's doing the mugging.. 
      May 4, 2017 11:04 AM MDT

maybe the job makes you tired
      May 4, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

To be fair Pearl I think you are right.. I used to have a very physical job... it was hard work physically but no stress... zero stress. now I have almost no physical effort but lots and lots of stress and very killer shift pattern...
      May 4, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

Age catches up with us all. I was a high energy guy in my youth. I ran long distance running events every weekend and was all recovered and ready to go for the workweek.  These days, I drive a lorry (truck) for 12 hours, then come home and flop down on the bed. I'm not young anymore.  Poor? yeah, I'm married.
      May 4, 2017 12:47 PM MDT