Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » How do you act when a coworker you helped trained starts bossing you around? And being rude to you with huge attitude.

How do you act when a coworker you helped trained starts bossing you around? And being rude to you with huge attitude.

Do i stay because my boss is nice or start looking for a job and leave? not to mention all my coworkers gossip and whine all day about each other and i am about to explode because i am trying really hard not to join them in this constant gossip....ok i think is time to look for another job.

Posted - May 4, 2017

Responses

• Does your job pay well? Otherwise, welcome to the working world! Almost all jobs come with this sort of baggage. I would only leave if I found something that pays better. Having a good Boss means much more than those other petty things. Stay out of them and just remember, this is a job for 8 hours a day, not your home. 
      May 4, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

maybe you should talk to your manager about it and let them leave , also, i would be thankful you have a job, wish i did
      May 4, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

Hi pearl, i hope am not coming of as an ungrateful itch. I am not, i was having a really bad day. I have been in your shoes, i pray you  that you find job where you are appreciated. Best of wishes
      May 4, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

It never happened to me. I trained my men and they did what they were supposed to do. If anyone tried to boss me around I would have given him a bad eval and transferred him to another shop.
      May 4, 2017 2:37 PM MDT

Oh I can so identify with that!!! We may be in different countries but that happens here too... I used to work in a non-office environment and LOVED all the people I worked with..we all got on and we all supported each other.. I then started work in an office environment and I have to say all the office politics and backbiting I find so difficult...I really don't like nastiness like that.. people can be so disloyal.. and i find it depressing and hard to cope with... so i hear you on that one.. 

You shouldn't have to be the one to leave because of their bad behaviour... but I know how it feels and I get why you feel it's time to leave... sometimes it's easier than putting up with the rubbish... 

I hope it all works out for you 
      May 4, 2017 4:10 PM MDT

You trained her so she's under you.  What can she do if you just ignore her bossiness or even just laugh at her?  In my first good job I was new in an office of old-timers.  They all thought they could give me assignments; I would keep a pad of paper on my desk, pat it, and just say, "It's on my list."  I worked at my own rate and never got to the bottom of that list so they stopped asking.  
    Then a new girl arrived who was boinking the boss and thought she was the new queen of the office.  She gave me assignments too although she was way under me in rank.  Eventually she poisoned herself with her own venom and, finally, they were both reassigned to lower positions elsewhere because they were found out.  Ha ha.  Thing right themselves, then they go wrong again, then they right themselves again.  That's life.  Hang in there and good luck.
      May 4, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

It doesn't seem to be an environment
    that I would invest any time with,
    unless it paid really good
    or good tips to make it worthwhile
    to deal with the bad stuff.
         Find your inner peace
    in your heart and stay there while you work.
    Nothing else will affect you. 
         Let all people be as they are
    Find your Bliss 
    and embrace it...
    .....and observe the rest.
      May 4, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

It sounds like you need to train them again then...

May 4, 2017 9:44 PM MDT

It is a problem just ignore the person.
      May 7, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

I don't blame you for not wanting to join the band wagon and start gossiping.  Know that they are so bored with their own lives, they find the need to nip-pick at someone elses.  If they would like to help with someone elses life, they should offer.  Talking, blaming, and shaming others just isn't right.
    As far as finding a new job, I would still try and work on this one.  Obviously you have the smarts and know how to make it work.  You are in a position to call the shots for yourself.  Make that be known and say, "Hey, you know, I'm important to this whole function too.  I am valuable and I have feelings.  I do care about how you work with me.  Please, let's all stop placing judgement and start making this a great place where we all can have fun and make the time go quickly. Let's Rock n' Roll!"
      May 7, 2017 10:58 PM MDT