Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » How do people live without income?

How do people live without income?

Ive been dealing with this for over 5 yrs, ever since i left the resort over 2 hip implants and a knee surgery, I cant just walk around all day like that but noone else will hire me. I have tried everything to get a job but nothing works. I can get foodstamps and medicaid but no cash but you cant buy toilet paper with foodstamps, Ive tried school but i think i have a learning disability and i end up with d's which puts me on probation and i got a d again so now i cant even do that. I cant get ssi, already tried, I thought about trying it with stuff like learning disabilities and see what happens since they wont help with the physical issues. I have hud which helps but i cant create my own job which wouldve solved all this. i cant even sell avon, thought of donating plasma since where i live they pay for it but dont know if they will take it cause one time when i tried it they couldnt find a vein. I cant even so much as find a babysitting job, not even walking dogs. its like nothing works. i think people can be discriminating cause when i had the job about handing out samples they sent this lady to train me and she mentioned how i wouldnt be able to reach the shelves and ever since then they canned me. so what am i supposed to do for income when nothing works? any ideas? 

Posted - May 4, 2017

Responses

How is your rent paid?  I know thru the Housing Authority a person STILL has to pay rent, even if it's 30% of your income.  The Housing Authority will lower the rent IF something happens where one has no income, but they give a person a year to get income be able to get on their feet. But a person still has to pay something.  This I know because one of my best friends has been working for the Housing Authority since 1992.
      May 6, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

i was getting grants from school but now i havent been doing that great in school so i might not be able to get them
      May 6, 2017 3:10 PM MDT

• You can sell Avon on-line. They help you set up your page. http://www.makeupmarketingonline.com/sell-avon-online-only/
      May 5, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

I've done that before, when in between jobs...lol
      May 6, 2017 8:37 AM MDT

• When I was between job I'd do telemarketing. I'm really good at it, but I really hate it. :)
      May 6, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

Telemarketing was my first real job.  I wasn't good at it though...lol
      May 6, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

• I guess I was good at it because I wouldn't try to overcome the 'customers' objections. If they said they weren't interested, I'd thank them, tell them to have a nice day and go on to my next call. I always seemed to have more done that the others, 
      May 6, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

ive wanted to do something like that but i didnt want to get in trouble with hud,
      May 6, 2017 3:11 PM MDT

• HUD allows you to work. 
      May 6, 2017 3:32 PM MDT