Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Which are more fun...rumour questions or pol question?

Which are more fun...rumour questions or pol question?

Posted - May 5, 2017

Responses

Today, rumors. I do like political questions in general, though.
      May 5, 2017 10:58 AM MDT

Rumor questions are more fun.  You don't have to worry about getting attacked if someone doesn't agree with your response.
      May 5, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

Wanna bet? :P 
      May 5, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

Did someone attack you when you answered a rumor question?
      May 5, 2017 4:44 PM MDT

Hmm maybe you have a point there...  I wouldn't know cos I never answered any rumour questions... but you know I was just teasing.. Brit humour
      May 5, 2017 5:04 PM MDT

Pol questions of course... everyone knows they are the bestest 
      May 5, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

Rumor questions are obviously more fun.

I will try not debate politics with people who frame pretty much all their questions to obviously make a statement supporting their ideology.

My political viewpoints are not mainstream and if I do care to debate politics, it is among a very tight-knit group. We have our differences but it is only a small portion of who we are. We do not let our political views overshadow every other aspect of our lives.

Obviously politics and religion are hot topics and sometimes I will ask political questions to see how people respond. I try to be equally offensive to both Democrats and Republicans but growing up in a family that supported the Republican Party for over a century, I surely lean to the right.

These last couple presidential elections have really tired me out as far as talking politics. People believe what they believe and often cannot even back it up with any rationale but we all, including me, get a lot of our beliefs from a very early age before we can even decide. Unless one can go back and remember everything they were taught before age seven, the subconscious is making some of our decisions. I realize this and try not to be judgemental. I might be wrong on all accounts, so I'll stick with asking scientific questions or just completely stupid questions. So, rumor has it.
      May 5, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

" I try to be equally offensive to both Democrats and Republicans " - that's very fair minded :)
      May 5, 2017 5:05 PM MDT

One of my favorite quotes concerning the two parties and I don't know who to credit it to "Two sides of the same worthless coin" :)
      May 5, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

And we have similar sayings here.. my son says the only reason to vote is to keep the wrong back-stabbing bar-steward from getting in... or his latest one, (we had voting yesterday) was that he voted to choose the lesser of two weevils 
      May 5, 2017 5:18 PM MDT