Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Is there an accent that knocks your sox off, rings your chimes, floats your boat? Any particular reason why?

Is there an accent that knocks your sox off, rings your chimes, floats your boat? Any particular reason why?

Posted - May 6, 2017

Responses

I like all accents... in the UK I love the Yorkshire accent, the Bristol accent, the Welsh accent, Scots, Irish - I love almost all American accents too..
      May 6, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

in our country, it's SOUTHERN.....or should I say SUTHIN'........and the BEST ONE IS THOSE FROM TENNESSEE!!!

OMG

USED to work for a hotel rez company,,,,,,,,heard voices from all over the country.

One time I got this guy making a reservation and he had a southern accent, so of course my ears perked up.....lol.

THEN when he said he was from TN,,,,,,,,, I was flustered....really!!  like a giggly schoolgirl almost.

sooooo I tried and tried in vain to get him to TALK MORE.......but he wouldn't!!!!!

I asked him was his trip for a special occasion? 'nope'.......did he go there often'.......'nope'

DAY-UMMMM  what could I ask to get to hear that WONDERFUL sexy accent??

turns out I could think of nothing else and the call ended.

-sigh-

but at least I got to hear a LITTLE of it........it made my day!!!!!! 

LOL

:-D
      May 6, 2017 8:42 AM MDT

• Being a native Tennessean, I say thank you. :) 
      May 6, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

OMG I wish I could hear you and your hubby/boyfriend talk right now!!!!  tee hee.

you should consider yourself lucky to be SURROUNDED by it all the time....

I envy you!!

:-D
      May 6, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

not really
      May 6, 2017 4:31 PM MDT

Where do you start in the UK, where the regional and local accents vary so widely, many across geographically very short distances? I like most of them! 
      May 10, 2017 4:50 PM MDT