Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Anyone else wish you were the Tin Man so you could not feel?

Anyone else wish you were the Tin Man so you could not feel?

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

No my sweet.. I'd never trade feelings and the ability to feel and to relate to others feelings for not being hurt.. And trust me I have been hurt badly.. I am a sensitive soul... but even after all the times I have been hurt I'd never want to lose that ability.. it allows me to reach out, to relate to others, to care and have them care, to comfort them, to empathise... 
      May 7, 2017 2:28 PM MDT

Those things are all overrated. It's only love when they love you back. That is why the former President CEO was so popular...

May 7, 2017 3:08 PM MDT

LOL you sourpuss you.. ok I get it.. it hurts sometimes.. but as another old song goes.. while you know how to love you will still be alive..  The world revolves on love.. love for our parents, our kids, our family, our friends and if we don't reach out to anyone then we cannot feel their love back....

I do definitely hear you on the being hurt thing tho... been there.. as I say I had one so bad that I couldn't even remember how to breathe.. I had to make myself continue to breathe... I had to force myself to live.. 

But you know what... whoever it was who broke your heart.. she didn't deserve you...and that being so... we do owe it to ourselves to not let what they did destroy us.  lol mine's a friend on facebook.. I think he's on his 900th *relationship* since we finished... :P
      May 7, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

I suppose I could deal with that, at least you know what happened to him. Oh how I wish I were the Tin Man...
      May 7, 2017 3:19 PM MDT

LOL yea but he did disappear for several years.. and only turned up about a year and a half ago... we were going to go for doughnuts.. but I decided not... it doesn't make it any easier.. trust me.. 

May 7, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

I'll go with the not feeling part, but why would I want to be made of tin? 
      May 7, 2017 3:32 PM MDT

Good point, you'd have potential to rust way too much. Hopefully you could add some testicular copper for some nice brass balls.
      May 7, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

Actually tin doesn't rust. It forms a thin layer of protective corrosion and lasts virtually a long time. I like the brass balls thing.
      May 8, 2017 11:44 AM MDT

There is a rare condition where people can't feel physical pain. wish i had it -_- 
      May 7, 2017 5:18 PM MDT

I believe only Jewish men get it. Very dangerous.
      May 8, 2017 11:45 AM MDT