Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do you realize how therapeutic country music can be?

Do you realize how therapeutic country music can be?

I'd listened to classical for so long now that I had forgotten.

It makes one realize we aren't alone, everything that has happened to us has happened to a million others before.

Posted - May 7, 2017

Responses

And that's an awesome observation :) Believe it or not.. .Brit or not, I LOVE country music.. always have... it's considered naff and all but I love it.. i love the emotion, the fact that there's a song for almost everything we are feeling :)
      May 7, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

I can believe it. I live in a town full of country singers and musicians and they have about all played overseas.
      May 7, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

I have to tell ya.. country is seriously NOT popular in the UK.. much to my disgust.. there was a time way back in the 90s when we had CMT Europe.. then it was popular but the channel closed and now we have little access to it.. and most don't care anyway.. I met a guy on another site who like me listened to CMT and was still a fan.. but it's rare.. 
    Indeed most country stars who come over here deny they are country.. like SHania Twain claimed she was pop.. and ditto taylor swift.
      May 7, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

A lot of us in the SE USA, especially the Appalachian region, have Scottish roots and if you listen to traditional Scottish music and Bluegrass it isn't hard to hear the similarities.
      May 7, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

I am sure you are right.. and ditto Irish folk music.. the Irish are big still on American country and make their own version of country music.. but see I ain't in Scotland so I wouldn't know :P
      May 7, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

Shania would just leave her fiddle player over here.

Taylor Swift, like all the newbies can stay in England for all I care. She actually lives around here somewhere. Might be my neighbor for all I know. They usually keep a fairly low profile and no one really bothers them most of the time anyway.
      May 7, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

LOL well according to my son Taylor Swift isn't well liked here..personally I like her.. or her early stuff.. I remember being fascinated by White Horse.. that's got some pretty powerful lyrics if you listen.. I honestly believed in you.. I should have known.. I'm not a princess, this aint a fairy tale.. pretty powerful and again I think I heard it at a time when I had a broken heart.. it helped.. me to realise that this is how real life is sometimes...  Oh and the lyrics.. I was a dreamer before you went and let me down... soooooo true... 
      May 7, 2017 3:03 PM MDT

no but maybe i should listen to it
      May 7, 2017 3:00 PM MDT