Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » When a boss does not reply to your messages?

When a boss does not reply to your messages?

Generally, the woman I help to care for her 2 year old is pretty good about getting back to a text. She has occasionally not replied to a couple emails, but on the whole.. yes. Just recently (we also use facebook sometimes to communicate) I sent a FB message thanking her for something, and showing interest in her new pics, but she did not reply/ignored. Last night I sent an email apologizing about something I said to the 2 year old that completely was jumbled and wanted her to know (instead of saying 'thank you ' to him/her as I left recently, I said 'say thank you' .. to him.) She did not reply at all this morning or evening. Now it could be that she's busy as she has a new baby, but both messages now ignored leave me feeling low.. I care for her child in every way and teach him, show respect to her, etc. I just let things like this go, but I wonder about what she cares or if she cares how I am perceiving this too-  would you say anything? I wouldn't even if someone here says to, lol, I am too shy, but I just don't know whether to continue with someone who does not care to reply to me (as I do her.. ) ...

Posted - May 18, 2017

Responses

she just had a new baby, she probably dont have time to reply to anyone
      May 18, 2017 9:12 PM MDT

Well she has help. And she has ignored my email (s) before sometimes, when she only had one child. Maybe not 'ignore' but it feels like that :/ When I reply to her, and do not get the same it makes you feel not heard, not worthy... but I do let it go and I know she is kind in other ways, ty Pearl
      May 18, 2017 9:30 PM MDT

• Sign of termination.
      May 18, 2017 9:39 PM MDT

Well I've done zero to be really put in a termination dynamic... I'm prompt, responsible, kind, caring, giving and loving to the child-  she did once say a while back; 'I'm not great at responding' but I thought, she replies to her husband I'm sure, or work colleagues :/ I just feel low and I do let it go but just thought I'd see what others think /feel
      May 18, 2017 9:50 PM MDT