Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Were you ever in a situation where you just didn't fit in and was angry about it?

Were you ever in a situation where you just didn't fit in and was angry about it?

Posted - May 20, 2017

Responses

I was angry about being there and the circumstances that put me there in the first place. This post was edited by O-uknow at May 20, 2017 9:43 AM MDT
      May 20, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

Oh yeah.  I'm still smarting from it too, Zack. 

I was in school for the last 10 weeks with 3 other students who, for some reason, totally ignored me.  This would not bother me in any other situation, but, unfortunately, we HAVE to interact with one another to PASS the course.  This was very uncomfortable for me as I was from another school and the staff and teachers here did not know me from Adam.  So, it was hard to communicate my frustration since I had no idea why they were being such aholes to me.

It took 8 of the 10 weeks to change their minds and it was the most difficult 8 weeks I can remember enduring.  I hate it when I feel helpless like that and my future depends on making friends with people that have no interest in doing so.  Very disarming.  Glad it's over.  It was hell.
      May 20, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

• No. In high school I didn't fit in with any of the groups. I wasn't a nerd, geek, egg head, athlete, stoner....etc. I had friends from all those groups though. That was enough for me. 
      May 20, 2017 9:43 AM MDT

LOL

You are so friendly and engaging, it is hard for me to picture you feeling like this.  But, since I am the same, I know what you mean.   

May 20, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

The reason I ever gravitated towards you is that I knew that you didn't follow the flock. You did your own thing. Now, if you would do it to me, that would be cool.
      May 20, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

If possible, in situations like that I make a quick exit, even with family.   If not, knowing it's not a permanent situation, I just grin and bear it.
      May 20, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

Of course Zack,I'm so fussy about what I eat,drink,even who I mix with;))
      May 20, 2017 10:06 AM MDT

i never fit in and yes, it makes me angry
      May 20, 2017 2:52 PM MDT

It doesn't happen often... but I had an experience a bit like Sharona's .. but one of the coolest things was that at the end of the course we students all felt so close, we have been through so much together...

I've had a lot of really difficult phone conversations with big companies that seem to not care about their customers and seem to want to shaft them.. including my vehicle insurance company, (another driver hit my car, I have it on dash cam, clearly his fault but they are disputing it because the other driver is also their customer so they want to dismiss and deny so no claim is made grr) and i have wondered.. am I the only one who is finding more and more that companies are treating customers like excrement?  
      May 20, 2017 2:59 PM MDT